Missing albums when metadata on CD unknown

Innuos Zenith Mk3

I have been using Roon for a few days after purchasing my Innuos, and I have been ripping every CD in my collection. At first, when a CD was not recognized, it would show up in Roon as such, and I was able to fill in the metadata. Over the last two days, the unknown albums don’t show up at all, and I can’t find them in Roon. I know they are stored on the Innuos hard drive, but it’s odd I can’t find them in Roon. Thanks for your help.

**Network Details: using a wi/fi adaptor

Hi @Matthew_Heiman,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Dylan,

Thanks. Skipped files reveals nothing. For these CDs, they have been previously uploaded to a Mac w/ iTunes with no issues, and until the last 48 hours, similar CDs without metadata showed up in Roon as “unknown artist” and “unknown album.” Now, it goes through the ripping process, but I see no evidence of the files in Roon.

Hi @Matthew_Heiman,

If you use the filter by path function does that allow you to find any of these albums? If so, can you share a screenshot?

Thanks. I tried that, but I still can’t find the albums.

Add images

Hi @Matthew_Heiman,

If the albums aren’t showing up there I think we need to take a closer look at one of these files. Would you kindly send us one of the files that isn’t working? You an upload the file here:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/5dHjIc9d3Y5-LVTzf

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.