Missing and Small Artist Images

I am not sure where to put this, but I have a list of artists that either have missing artist images or have small artist banner images. Also, a knowledge base article states that all album artwork comes from AllMusic, is this the same for artist images? Should I be writing to AllMusic instead? I am hoping these can be fixed? I don’t know if it is a bug or not, but out of all of the 540 artists in my Roon library, 80 of them have small artist images. 10 have completely missing artist images even though they are properly identified by Roon. This is not bad, but I think that 15% of the artists in my Roon library having small images is way too many.

• · Atlas Genius
  • · Black Pistol Fire
  • · Bear Hands
  • · Beast Patrol
  • · Black Honey
  • · Bleeker
  • · Bleeker Ridge
  • · The Blue Stones
  • · Bob Moses
  • · Brendan Canning
  • · The Coathangers
  • · Dave Matthews
  • · Dead Confederate
  • · Decan McKenna
  • · Dinosaur Pile Up
  • · Dramarama
  • · Dreamers
  • · The Family Crest
  • · Finish Ticket
  • · Flesh Born
  • · Frost*
  • · gnash
  • · Goodbye June
  • · grandson
  • · half alive
  • · In the whale
  • · Joey Peters
  • · Joywave
  • · JPNSGRLS
  • · July Talk
  • · K. flay
  • · Kevin Drew
  • · Kidney thieves
  • · King missile
  • · Love Fame tragedy
  • · Luna Halo
  • · Mellor
  • · The Midnight
  • · Mike Snow
  • · Milkbar
  • · Modern Baseball
  • · Natalie Walker
  • · Night Riots
  • · Nine Black Alps
  • · Normandie
  • · Nothing Face
  • · Prawn
  • · Real Estate
  • · The Shelters
  • · Slaves
  • · The Stills
  • · Strand of Oaks
  • · Sylvan Esso
  • · Ten Tonnes
  • · Tim Reynolds
  • · Tom Petty
  • · Transplants
  • · Trans Violet
  • · Two Feet
  • · Unwritten Law
  • · Van Holzen
  • · Vinyl Theatre
  • · We Are Scientists
  • · We Are the City
  • · Wet
  • · Wheatus
  • · Xylø
  • · Youth Killed It
  • · Wild Nothing

Artists with missing images:

Call Me Karizma
Prom Kings
Digital Summer
Gleemer
Gran Noir
Julia
Le Voyageur
Mating Ritual
Ostraca

Just download your favorite photo from the web and copy it in.

Go to the Artist --> Three dots -->. Edit… -->. “Add Image”

Adding your own image will replace any existing mediocre / mugshot Roon images. I’ve done this for most my (important) artists. Don’t wait for Roon to fix this, as many photos are copyright protected, so hard for Roon to license them.

Different story if you download for “personal use”.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I do that for a lot of them but it is a lot of work. I don’t know if it is a copyright issue though. According to some knowledge base articles, the images are sourced from Allmusic and then one is specifically picked for Roon. Allmusic gets all its images and data from TIVO though. A lot of the times, Allmusic has multiple artist images on their site, including ones that are the proper size and format yet the incorrect one is used.
I don’t know if Roon has the final say in which images are chosen though, but the process has to be at least somewhat automatic. They could not possibly check and choose the images for the millions of different bands out there on their own with a staff of 40 people. I am hoping this is treated like a metadata issue and is corrected. If not then I will continue to do as you do and find and choose my own artist pictures.

I was thinking it would be cool to have an artist image repository where members put artist images they have found to work properly. There was actually a feature request a while ago where someone suggested an artist image repository but it did not go anywhere. We could just start a threat where we upload images, but I don’t know if this forum can handle that as it will take up a lot of storage.

yep its a lot of work. But if you want it, I would not wait for Roon. Look at the countless „feature“ requests that remain unadressed since 3-5 years…

Hi @AnimalOnDrums,

One option is to submit photos to fanart.tv. It is one of the locations we pull gather artist images from it allows for user submissions.

Ok, I am familiar with fanart.tv. Thanks for the suggestions and I will try it out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.