Missing artwork and slow performance

I had this happen a couple times now since the latest update. Usually also associated with serious slowness when searching, lag when selecting tracks. Significant issues / performance degradation with this latest update unfortunately.

Hi @LiquidSmote,

Can you provide some more information regarding your setup?

1. How large is your library? What is the amount of tracks/albums listed in Overview?

2. What are the specifications of your Roon Core? Operating System/RAM/Network connection type (WiFi/Ethernet)?

3. Have you rebooted your Core and Networking gear recently? Does rebooting help at all with these issues?

4. What does your network setup look like? Can you let me know the model/manufacturer of all your networking gear?

1. How large is your library? What is the amount of tracks/albums listed in Overview ?
1275 Albums / 8469 Tracks

2. What are the specifications of your Roon Core? Operating System/RAM/Network connection type (WiFi/Ethernet)?
ROON SERVER = Windows 10 64 / Phenom II X6 1100t / 8GB / OS on SSD / Storage on RAID10 / Gigabit Ethernet

3. Have you rebooted your Core and Networking gear recently? Does rebooting help at all with these issues?
Reboot multiple times / does not help with issues

4. What does your network setup look like? Can you let me know the model/manufacturer of all your networking gear?

Linksys WRT1900ACS Router / Linksys Gigabit Switch

The performance issues started with the latest update. Searches and other actions are randomly slow / laggy. The missing artwork does not always occur when the performance issues happens, but only does so when the system is laggy.

Hi @LiquidSmote,

Thank you for the additional information. Since you have a small library, this performance seems quite strange. Do you have many edits made to your current database? As a test, I would try setting your old database temporarily aside and starting with a fresh one, can you please give this a try and let me know if it changes any behavior here?

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon/RoonServer
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Reinstall the RoonServer App to generate a new RoonServer database folder

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.