Missing Codex Intel NUC i5

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Version 1.0 (build 175) stable.

**Network Details: ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Missing Codex but have the ffmpeg in the correct

directory

Not sure if that could be the problem but you only need to place the ffmpeg file into the Codecs directory. So what happens if you delete all the other stuff from the archive and just leave the ffmpeg binary in it?

And did you restart the core after you’ve placed the file into the Codecs directory?

As @anon47919701 said, this is what it should look like. Maybe a subfolder issue on yours.

I guess this is stating the obvious, but you did unzip it twice, right?

Yes, restarted without issue but but still shows I am missing Codex.

Yes, I did unzip. I down loaded again trying the AMD64. Someone mentioned this should be the correc ffmpeg in Intel Nuc with ROCK. I posted another screen shot showing it is a binary file.

Mine looks like

that too but I use Linux.

Yeah, a file that is almost 75 MB. Kinda big. You need to unzip that file.:wink:

A binary is unzipped. It started as a .tar (or zipped) and was 37 MB. After I unzipped it, it became 75 MB.

Hi @Brian_Shilling,

Do you by any chance have a Windows or Mac machine around the house? I have sometimes seen the archive be picky about what it’s extracted with, 7zip on Windows works the best and I have also seen reports of Keka on Mac able to extract this file properly.

If you didn’t do two unzips, then you won’t get the correct file.

Don’t know how you ended up with a binary file that’s 75 MB, but that’s not the correct file.

@xxx - On my end the ffmpeg file is 68MB, I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s the wrong file.

Every time I’ve installed ffmpeg it’s been about 70K, not 75 MB (or 68 MB).

Still, I’ll leave this to the professionals. Peace.

Thanks Slim. There was a two part unzipping in Windows. Linux kept failing me. However, it was about the same size Linux showed 75 mb and windows 73,000 kb (almost identical in size).

1 Like

The same process worked on Windows. Linux Mint kept failing me.
Thank you!

Yeah, evidently I’m mis-remembering. Won’t be to first time.:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Glad to hear the issue is resolved @Brian_Shilling!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.