Missing DSD files

Hi all. I have just two DSD files on my CORE (internal hard drive in my NUC) but they don’t seem to appear in Roon. I can find/play other versions (mp3, FLAC) of the same albums but I just can’t find the two DSD files. I also have the two DSD albums stored on an external USB drive and they play just fine when I plug the USB drive into my Cambridge 851N.

Any suggestions on how I can get the DSD files to show up in Roon?

Thank you

See FAQ: I have multiple versions of the same album, but I only see one album cover. Where are the other versions? or Skipped Files.

Thank you BlackJack

BlackJack,

Either I am missing something (highly likely) or there is a different issue. The missing DSD albums do not show up in the skipped file section. Equally they do not show up when I do an album search or an artist search - so I can’t right click or long click to select them. If I type \rock\ in Windows explorer and navigate tot he storage location I can find the albums but I just can’t see them at all in Roon.

Did you copy the files in the same location as your other files or is the location maybe outside of Roon’s “Watched Folder”?

If the above doesn’t help, you should create a support thread or move this thread to the support section (by changing the Title and select Support instead of Roon Software).

There are other albums in the same location that show up. I’ll try the support route.

Thank you for your help.

I’m paging @support.

Thank you

I did some reading and tried ‘converting’ the files using ISO2DSD; but I don;t think that is it. They are already .dsf files (I downloaded from hdtracks.com). My DAC/streamer, a Cambridge 851N only lists comparability for DSD files up to DSD64. But I have played these trought the 851N before by plugging my USB drive directly into the 851N. I just can’t seem to get ROON to recognize them.

Again, I greatly appreciate your help/input.

Ian

Which albums?

Texas Flood and Couldn’t Stand The Weather by Stevie Ray Vaughan. ROON shows FLAC versions of each both from my own liabrary and from TIDAL but not the DSD versions.

Hi @Ian_Webster,

Can you upload these two files to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com and private message me a link to them?

No idea how to do that Noris - but I’ll give it a shot!!!

Is this a private message?

No, this is not a private message, but looks like you found the correct way to send one shortly after :slight_smile:

:grinning:

Still uploading - only 2% so far!!!

If you go to settings and unhide albums do they appear

Thanks Rugby buy no. I tried that - does not work

Hi @Ian_Webster,

I am able to import the file on my end with no issues:

Does this album show up in Roon -> Overview for you? Have you tried performing a Force Rescan of the storage location?

Hi Noris,

I have several versions on the album, FLAC, MP3, AAC and DSD. The first 3 versions show up fine but the DSD version does not. I have forced a rescan several times but it make no difference.

Hi @Ian_Webster,

Let’s try this:

1. Create a new folder in your storage called DSD_Test or something similar
  2. Drop the DSD track you sent me along with the other DSD track in that folder
  3. Add this folder separately as a watched storage location in Roon Settings -> Storage
  4. Go to Tracks in the main menu
  5. Go to Focus -> Inspector -> Storage Locations and select just the DSD_Test folder

Does the track show up there?

OK Noris - I am not at home but I’ll try that tonight and let you know how I get on.

1 Like