Missing text on Roon GUI - Windows 10 Pro - ATI FirePro V3700 (FireGL)

Hi @dylan,

Same problem here with Windows 10 Pro

Roon became useless after the update to build 521 :worried:

Hi @acatala,

Can you confirm what GPU your device uses and whether or not the graphics drivers are up to date?

Please also see my post here for more details:

Hi @dylan, thanks for answering.

The PC is an old HP dc7700p running Windows 10 Pro, the video card is an ATI FirePro V3700 (FireGL) and the driver has a version number 8.790.100.9001 and its date is 13/1/2015.

I am afraid that I cannot update the driver because ATI (AMD) does not support Windows 10 for this card anymore. The driver is provided by Microsoft.

Just in case you need them, I have downloaded the Logs folder from the folders RoonServer and RAATServer from my Debian based Roon Core.

Thanks!

@dylan, fyi that’s almost the same (old) driver version number I am using with the same problem on my windows GPU. I’m running 8.970.100.1100 with my Radeon HD4890 chipset, for what it’s worth.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: No text on old Acer PC

Hi @acatala,

Please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs from the affected Windows device using a shared Dropbox link. I’ll then get this over to the team for analysis.

Hi @dylan,

here you have the link (to OneDrive):

Logs Roon

The same thing happened to me with with my open ticket. I’m using an obsolete iMac 2008 running Windows 10. The thing in common is ATI graphics, although mine is an old Radeon HD 2600 XT…but it’s still ATI graphics.

Thanks, @acatala — I’ll get this to the team and I’ll follow up as soon as we have more information.

1 Like

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

Hello @dylan,

it still does not work for me. I have verified the Roon version at control panel.

:worried:

Hi @acatala,

Thanks for the update, and sorry for the continued troubles.

Would you also once more use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link?

Thanks!

Hi @dylan. Thanks for your support.

The link to the logs is this:

Roon Logs

Hi @acatala,

Thanks for sending those over. I just wanted to let you know that the logs are with the team and they’re continuing to investigate. I’ll reach out as soon as more information is available.

1 Like

Hi @acatala,

We’ve just released Roon Build 536 which includes changes that we believe will help improve things here. Please give Roon an update on all of your devices and let us know if you still have any trouble!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

Hi @dylan, it worked!!

I am right now playing music from my old PC. The fix worked for me. Thanks a lot!!

By the way, how are you doing at U.S.A.? I think you are at New York and the news seem not so good. Here, at Spain, are not either.

Best Regards.

1 Like

Hi @acatala,

Great, I’m glad things are working now!

Much of our team is in New York but I’m based out of Ohio. It’s pretty crazy here as it is everywhere, but we are hanging in there. Stay safe out there, and enjoy the music :headphones:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.