Missing Tidal album [continued]

Hey @Kursten_Hogard

Your thread was locked by Roon so I had to start a new one.

You didn’t really share any specifics of your hardware so it’s hard to answer your question.

Can you share all details of hardware and models and what OS is running on each?

The issue of having to wait 1-2 days and up to 1 week for new releases to show up in Roon has been annoying for many years. Basically every week for me.

But as others mentioned in the thread, there are usually ways to play direct from Tidal and Qobuz (and Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer etc) to your system, by-passing Roon completely.

Very helpful each week with ‘new music Fridays’…

Thanks for your response.

The setup I use is like this:

Intel nuc running roon ROCK

Ethernet cable

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge

Amplifier

I can play tidal from my Nvidia Shield through my Marantz receiver to my amp, but it bypasses that wonderful Mytek DAC.

Side note, I listen to the g’n’r track on my girlfriend’s soundbar and was not impressed :grin:

Ok I saw mention of ‘Bridge’ in your other thread but there are so many Bridges in this hobby.

The Mytek info helps a lot. From your manual:

So if you download mConnect Player on iOS and Android, you should be able to play Tidal, Deezer and Qobuz direct to your Mytek.

It’s not the best UI but the point is being able to play as soon as it’s released.

Being able to hear the new music on crap interface sometimes trumps not being able to hear it on pretty interface.

Hilarious. Maybe this helpful for future new releases then :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for the information, DA Bass🙏🏼

1 Like