Missing Tidal artwork on Roon remote

Hi @noris,

That VLAN 10 is assigned to the WAN Interface. I think my ISP uses IPv6 and VLANs to give internet. When I disable VLAN, wan service is disconnected. In the other hand, I have checked all the configuration WAN, Wireless, LAN, and I Can’t see any strange value or option apart from VLAN over WAN.

Hi @Fernando_Chilet,

I’m going to reach out to our QA team again to see if the router screenshots you provided contain any other clues.

In the meantime, I was wondering if you by any chance had another router around the house or you could run the Nebula in router mode to see if the Dlink is a factor?

Hi @Fernando_Chilet,

I spoke to the senior QA team today regarding your case. They have reviewed logs once more and have the following questions:

1. Are you able to properly access the direct image URLs from a web browser on the affected Roon Remotes? When the error occurs in logs, it appears that Roon cannot cannot access links like this one:

https://imagecache.roonlabs.net/im/1/albums/a600313338393338373135/cover/256sq.jpg

I just accessed this link on my end and you should be presented with an “Always Yours” album cover.

1. Do you have any other kinds of proxies or VPNs set up that might be intercepting traffic between your remotes and the image cache?

Hello @noris,

I do not have other router to try. The Nebula does not have fiber port to connect to the Internet. Neither I have a transceiver.

Yes, I can access (at least to the link given).

It seems that all networking equipment at home is free of proxies or Access lists. I suspect that, If there is an interception, It is on my ISP side. So, Is there any procedure to trace the net to the roon servers?

1 Like

Hi @Fernando_Chilet,

Thanks for checking those aspects, I have just updated your ticket and have requested QA to review the new information you have provided, once I have next steps from QA, I will reach out once more, thanks!

Hi @Fernando_Chilet,

Thanks for your patience while I had a chance to consult further with QA regarding your case, I have a few great suggestions on where we should look next.

1. As per your original post, you mentioned that WiFi on the Mitrastar is currently turned off. If you try turning on WiFi and connect both the Core and a non-working Roon Remote to the Mitrastar (instead of the DLink), does the same issue occur? This should allow you to test the router change without making any massive network config changes.

2. When you opened the image, did your browser use HTTP or HTTPS in the header? According to Roon logs, it fails when opening the HTTPS image cache link, perhaps you are having issues with receiving HTTPS traffic?

3. If the two above suggestions do not yield results, our next test would be to set up a VPN profile on the router and exonerate the ISP connection, but still keep the networking devices the same. If you can run this test and it changes anything, please let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.