Missing track files not deleting

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

My core machine is a sonicTransporter from Small Green Computer. It is running version 2.7 of its proprietary OS and version 1.7, build 537 of Roon Server.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

My home network consists of a Netgear Orbi mesh wireless router, model RBR50, firmware version V2.5.1.8, with two satellites. My NAS, sonicTransporter, and ultraRendu all have wired Ethernet connections to one or the other satellite routers.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

My audio player is a Sonore ultraRendu which runs version 2.7 of its OS. It is connected via USB to an RME DAC which in turn outputs to a NAD T 758 Receiver with AudioQuest RCA cables to play music from my Roon library.

My Roon storage consists solely of a QNAP TS-453b 4-bay NAS that contains all of my music files, primarily FLAC files but some MP3 files that I am in the process of re-ripping into FLAC files from original CD sources. These files take up about 850 GB right now.

My Roon library consists of about 37,000 tracks from my NAS storage and another 20,000 from my Qobuz streaming subscription. This setup is all working well, and my issue is one of library management.

Description Of Issue

My support question is this: How can I remove a track (and associated album) from my library that no longer physically exists on my storage?

This problem arose because occasionally the software I use to rip my FLAC files from CD (a recent version of Exact Audio Copy) occasionally leaves behind a leftover .wav file, a temporary file before converting a track into a .flac. Normally I catch these files and remove them before I scan new files into Roon, but every once in a while I fail to notice them. It usually works to simply remove the track (and separate album entry) from my Roon library.

However, in this one instance, I cannot seem to remove the tracks and album entries even though Roon did remove the actual files. The tracks and orphaned album still show up in my Roon library, and I have been unable to remove them no matter what I try. I’ll try to attach a screen shot shows the error message I get when trying to remove the album and it’s missing track, which states that the file no longer exists. A few times I have actually re-created empty files with the original file names before retrying the remove operation. As before, the physical track files are removed, but the albums and tracks remain in my Roon library. I’m sure there must be a way to actually remove them, but I need help figuring it out.

Have you rebooted the Core? Sometimes that helps clear things out.

I rebooted the core, and sure enough, the leftover .wav files no longer show up in my library. Problem solved! Thank you so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.