Mobile Fidelity releases - how do you tag them?

Hi all,

For Mobile Fidelity releases do you add MoFi or MFSL after the name of the album (if at all)?

So, for instance:

Brothers in Arms (MoFi) or
Brothers in Arms (MFSL)

I guess I could use either but interested to hear peoples views.

Thanks!

I prefer MFSL

Thanks for input Kevin!

I use MFSL.

I use MFSL enclosed in curly braces {} to make my version identifiers unique. In setup you can tell roon to extract it and use it for the version identifier. I’ve since started using the VERSION tag, but the scheme is still useful to keep the folder and file names unique.

1 Like

I tag my albums like this:

Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction - 1992 (MFSL FLAC)

Here are some of my title bracket conventions:
[MFSL]
[2016 remaster]
[W. German target]
[SRC=01]
[2011 Guthrie]

Great idea for a thread, by the way!

Thanks @TuliaNonTroppo and everyone for your input!

May I ask what SRC=01 is?

I use your remaster tag in a similar way but with standard brackets rather than square.

Tjenare Henke,
I tag my Mobile Fidelity editions by giving each album folder an “[MFSL]” addition. I don’t want to mess with album names, in Album-tag…
Turns out that ROON picked up the folder name addition by default and set this to Version info in Roon, great, but pretty halfway as it is not searchable… (at least what I have figured out)

It is pressing information found in the spindle matrix of a CD. SRC stands for “Specialty Records Corporation” and was a pressing plant for WEA. The symbol =, *, **, represents the specific laster beam recorder used, and the number represents the glass master used to make the CD.

If there is a RE in the matrix code, it indicates something changed in the pressing process.

One of my hobbies is comparing different CDs with matrix codes against each other to hunt for different masterings. Sometimes different mastering were used but not otherwise called out on a CD. In Roon, these help me toggle back and forth to compare which are the same and which sound different. I then keep the physical copy of my favorite—-if I find a difference. Because CDs are so cheap at thrift stores, this is a relatively cheap hobby.

Tjenare @Mikael_Ollars!

I guess you can always add MFSL or the full label name to the Label tag and that is then clickable in the credits section. You will then be taken to all releases under MFSL. Not sure if that would be something you would want to do each time though.