Moby on Roon? WTF?

Take a look at the Artists view … is Moby listed twice? I have a similar issue with Alicia Keys. I’d previously merged the artist but …

Hi @miguelito,

I’d like for our technical team to take a look at what you’re experiencing here. I was hoping that you could share a backup of your Roon database with us so that I can pass it along to them. Please see the steps below:

1. Go to Settings > Backups and Backup Now to a new backup location (not the same backup folder you’ve used previously).
  2. Zip the entire new Roon Backups folder.
  3. Upload the backup to Dropbox or another file sharing service and share a link with us.

If you don’t have access to Dropbox and need an alternative method for sharing just let me know the size of the zipped folder and we can go from there.

Thanks!

I see the same issue as you do…
My Moby artist page shows four albums while i have more than double that.

One of the albums that is NOT listed under Artist Moby is Play!?!!?!

Welcome to the club, honey!

However, i do have two artists!

But if i click the artist Moby with 10 albums, i still get directed to the Moby artist page with 4 albums… Weird, huh?

Just out of interest, can you check the Album Browser, sorted by Artist, and see if all 42 Moby albums are listed together?

Cheers, Greg

Sent you a message with the link.

I have only one Moby artist. Today I see 14 albums under “Moby”, 19 albums under “With Moby”, a few singles… Certainly many more than yesterday. What gives?

I don’t know if this of any help (or the contrary) but I have

26 albums in Qobuz (none in my library)
Dirk

Monday blues? :smiley:
My Moby page looks the same, but for the addition of my “Little Idiot”-album (which incidentally is unidentified!) So, under Moby, 5 of my 12-14 albums are displayed.

No issues with Moby at my end. All 26 of my ripped CDs appear as expected.

Same experience with MOBY - see my post

In the meantime (after 1.6) I can see 25 main-TIDAL albums (and all my local Moby albums).
Strange, after that I thought the problem is solved (for me).

Since my last post 2 of my Moby albums have disappeared from the search result for Moby as artist…

Ok so that’s about 3 days… So should you lose 20 in a month?

Moby is the only artist this happens with? Seems weird.

Cool collection you have though! I haven’t listened in a few years, what are some of your non-obvious favorites (on Tidal please)…?

I would think it is not the only artist, but it’s the one I have noticed and been frustrated about.

As for recommendations, well there’s a lot but here are a few:
Albums:
Wait For Me
Play
Play B Sides

Tracks:
Division
JTLF-1 + JLTF (I recently found out what JLTF means: Junkies Like To F*ck)
Flying Foxes
Memory Gospel

Moby is actually quite varied, not a single style. Play is great but not my favorite.

1 Like

Any progress here?

I am most familiar with Play and Hotel…

My current favourites are the most recent albums Everything Was Beautiful, and Nothing Hurt (3 albums) and the Suara Remixes.

Very different from his electronica/synth time.