Moderation in MQA Threads

Honestly, I don’t know and I don’t think we should try to find out or take it into account in some way. Mods call flags as we see them. We don’t try to ‘balance up’ agreed and rejected flags according to what side of a debate they may be on.

In Rugby’s Weekly Google Meet today I heard there are posts on Audiophile Style asserting that Roon and the Mods are engaged in some kind of concerted defence of MQA. Unfortunately the $$$$ for this service haven’t filtered down to me. In my experience no Roon staff have ever tried to influence Mods to moderate MQA posts in some way favourable to MQA. The concern is always about the quality of the discussion and the health of the Forum.

There is, in fact, a variety of opinion about MQA amongst the Admins and the Mods. Some, such as Danny and I have expressed a view criticising aspects of MQA or its marketing. Some support MQA. Others have been careful to avoid expressing any opinion, whether they have one or not. None of us, so far as I am aware, have ever made a moderation decision based on whether a post or user is in favour or critical of MQA.

9 Likes