Modified Artwork and File Names in Original Folder Not Updating in Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MAC OS, Roon Version 1.6 Build 416

I have a QNAP +451 NAS connected via ethernet. Roon Server is also on the NAS drive and I use multiple controllers. I’m having an issue where Roon will not show any changes to File Names or Artwork if I modify them on the NAS. It will pick up any Meta Data I have changes such as release date or composer. If I force a rescan that’s all that happens. The Artwork Roon is displaying, no longer exists on my NAS. Also if I try to set Roon to ‘Prefer’ The original file or Artwork, this no longer does anything. Help please!

Using a Linn DSM and Various Sonos speakers around the house

I’m having an issue where Roon will not show any changes to File Names or Artwork if I modify them on the NAS. It will pick up any Meta Data I have changed such as release date or composer. If I force a rescan of the album that’s all that happens. The Artwork Roon is displaying, no longer exists on my NAS. Also if I try to set Roon to ‘Prefer’ The original file or Artwork, this no longer does anything. Nor does forcing a rescan of the entire library. I feel like that doesn’t even function. Help please!

Hey @Neill_Strickland — Thanks for reaching out!

Did this work for you previously? If so, when did you notice the problem occurring?

Can you share a screenshot of one example album where it’s showing deleted artwork, along with a screenshot of the folder via Finder showing that the artwork is no longer there?

1 Like

Have you rebooted the NAS?

2 Likes

Hi Dylan, many thanks for getting back to me. I’m not sure if it worked before as I am only just noticing the issue. It might not be an issue but it’s odd all the same. I rebooted the NAS which fixed the issue of the cover image not updating. Now it’s happily updating any covers that I modify.

What I am doing with a double CD set, is ripping them in two different ways as I’m not sure how my Linn will sort the albums in the Kazoo software when I have the system up running. Both discs will have disc 1/2 and 2/2 in the meta data of dBpoweramp. The first rip of the disc set is as Disc 1 and Disc 2 in the titles, so for example it will be:

‘This Is The Moody Blues, Disc 1’ and ‘This Is The Moody Blues, Disc 2’

Then what I do is re-rip but I remove the ‘Disc 1’ and ‘Disc 2’ from the titles. This shows up in Roon as a duplicate, which is fine but on one of the rips, it shows multiple artwork which seems normal. Now if I re-rip or modify the files in anyway, that multiple artwork view disappears but the artwork is still there on the page.

I hope that makes sense. What’s going on here do you think? See attached screen shots. Showing one set that looks correct - one disc shows no additional artwork symbol and the duplicate which is the ‘Disc 1 and Disc 2’ rip, does. Then you’ll see in the second set of screen shots of a disc set that I modified the artwork, the multiple artwork symbol is missing.

Thanks!

Hi Ged, thank you I did and that resolved my initial problem.

Neill

Hi @Neill_Strickland,

I’m glad that a reboot helped here. Regarding the images icon — Can you share a screenshot of the folder where the files are located for this album via Finder or File Explorer?

Hi Dylan

Here you go, these are screen shots. The files are on a QNAP NAS.

Hi @Neill_Strickland,

I see that there are 2 Ragpicker’s Dream’s albums in the first screenshot. It looks like a single disc version and then a two disc version.

For the 2 disc version, each disc folder has an image file in it, which is why when the two disc version is selected, both are shown. But when you select the single disc version there is (presumably) only one image file there, so only the one image is seen.

Hi Dylan, so sorry for taking so long to reply here.

Your observations are right, but what I was saying is that, it is inconsistent. Sometimes two images will show up and sometimes they won’t.

I have done some more playing around since then and it seems to be a strange occurrence in dBpoweramp. Maybe a bug… If I re-rip a double CD to fix poor artwork that I’ve originally chosen, it seems to ‘break’ the link between the artwork and the meta data being fed to Roon and will no longer show two image jpg. files in Roon. Just for a test, I uploaded a totally random picture to just one of the files and it immediately updated in Roon, so I’m really not sure what’s going on or what breaks that initial rip. Do you have any thoughts as to what might cause that?

Thanks again!

Hi @Neill_Strickland,

Can you elaborate on what exactly you’re doing here? Are you re-ripping the entire album and re-importing the entire thing into Roon? Are you removing the old album first?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.