Mola-Mola Tambaqui Ethernet DAC certified?

It doesn’t in general.

The publicly available Ropieee builds do not directly integrate the RAAT SDK–they use Roon Bridge.

The firmware on the Ambre directly integrates the RAAT SDK and does not use Roon Bridge.

I’m sure that both share some stuff, but the build for the Ambre is special/different from the publicly available Ropieee stuff.

Roon Bridge utilizes the RAAT SDK under the hood. Roon Bridge doesn’t support hardware-specific customization/integration (which is required for Roon Ready devices). Roon Bridge has additional support for configuring all aspects of the endpoint from the Roon UI–unlike Roon Ready devices which manage their own configuration + should come out of the box configured properly.

For a device that is as simple as the Ambre, the difference between the two approaches is smaller than it would be for a more complex product that integrates with more of our user experience touch-points like convenience switching/standby controls, front panel display support, etc.

1 Like

Hello,

Today i got my Innuos Statement deliverd to me. Im setting it up as a ROON Core and while waiting for my Dutch & Dutch 8Cs to be ROON endpoint ready, im using my Mola Mola Tambaqui dac as the roon ready device.

Statement Roon Core —> Mola Mola Tambaqui Roon Endpoint -----> analog in to my D&D 8Cs.

I cant get this to work… reading the comments above, i get the feeling the Tambaqui is NOT Roon ready…?

I noticed today that Roon now recognizes my Tambaqui DAC

v

Cool.
Do you have it connected via USB or Ethernet ?

My setup is:
SSD drive = USB = Nucleus = ethernet = switch = ethernet = Auralic Aries G2 = USB = Tambaqui

Just got home and saw it !
oh boy, the sound stage is bigger compared to the USB input.
The USB output on my streamer is really good. But i must say sending the signal thru the OCXO Ethernet output directly to the Mola Mola Tambaqui Ethernet input sound even better.

My setup:

Innuos Statement -> Ethernet Mola Mola Tambaqui -> Analog XLR Dutch & Dutch 8C . Cant wait for the Roon

Did you hear a difference ? Try to connect it directly after the nuclerus .

Just readied them for Roon! Straightforward to do and works really well, haven’t really had a chance to compare inputs yet though.
Keith

Tambaqui now shows on Roon website as Roon Ready!

Anyone able to compare the Tambaqui with MSB Discrete DAC or dCS Bartok?