Monitoring of TIDAL / QOBUZ album disappearance from library with provision of corresponding alarms

An important feature in ROON is still missing according to my opinion, and I proposed to Soundiiz to offer such a feature:

Blockquote
I would like to monitor the favorite albums in my streaming services TIDAL and QOBUZ, to become aware, if and when certain albums are delete therefrom by the respective service because of not being available any more, e.g. due to licensing restrictions and the like. Can I do this with Soundiiz easily? How? If not, this would be a very nice feature to add, preferably with a kind of alarm function via email. In this case, if an important album is deleted, I could try to find it in the respective other service or to buy it.

Blockquote
Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion.
It’s a very good one, we are not doing this now, but I’m taking note of this, as it seems to be something we are able to do (technically).
Now, as it’s not a much asked things I can’t tell you when we will be able to do that, but it’s noted !
Have a nice day !
Thomas, CoFounder
Soundiiz.com

Blockquote
Hi,
Thanks for your response.
I think that this would be a service of high value for “old fashioned” people like me who still like to “collect” albums, even virtually be selecting albums offered by a streaming service as favorites. Users of “ROON”, see https://roonlabs.com/, are such a bunch of people, since ROON allows to have a collection of albums made up from locally stored music files and albums made up from music files which can be streamed using one or both of TIDAL and QOBUZ. Including an album of TIDAL/ROON into this collection is technically done by selecting it as favorite in TIDAL/QOBUZ.
The issue that the streaming service deletes albums from its offering is a mayor concern of many ROON users, which is/was reflected by corresponding posts in the community forum, see https://community.roonlabs.com/.
Best regards

Of course, it would be much better if ROON would provide such a functionality.

1 Like

Bumping this feature request.

In short, it would be valuable to have a list somewhere of streaming-service albums that I have added to my “Library” that have subsequently and silently disappeared from the service and, hence, my Roon Library. A library implies some degree of permanence, but the idiom is broken when an album simply disappears, without any way to tell that it’s happened. Imagine a book departing your home library, and then poring over the shelves for it on the half-remembered certainty that you bought it and surely shelved it. Losing an album in Roon is just like that, except one can’t even check Amazon to see that, yes, you had the thing at one point.

What makes this especially frustrating is that I use my Roon library as many do to catalogue the music that I enjoy and so have offloaded having to remember every single song and album to the software. (I also use Roon to compile a year-end albums list; who knows how many have slipped through the cracks?) When an album disappears, it drops of the face of the earth so far as my listening habits are concerned, until a mention of it somewhere or the like triggers the remembrance. Worse, almost every album that disappears is still available on Tidal—perhaps it was pulled and then reposted, perhaps the artist switched labels, etc.—so the problem would be an easy one to fix manually with something so simple as a list of what’s gone missing.

Roon suits my needs in practically every way but this one. If this is a pain-point for you, as well, please consider upvoting this request.

2 Likes

this is the same request, right? Please upvote both!

1 Like

Done now for both

2 Likes