Monthly Subscription Service [Now Available 2020-11-17]

My problem is that now ROON have a lot of problems.
(English is not my native language.)

Maybe highlight some of your issues here, there are loads of “experts” to help you?

See " Why is Roon broken Roon so much since 1.6".

Further to what @Mike_O_Neill said, the Roon team are active in the forum. Use the tag @ support (without a space in between) and it flags it on their radar.

Please understand that everyone has different hardware, different quality networks, different quality internet connections that can make a software implementation challenging.

I had an issue that was a result of my Allo Usbridge not talking to my DAC. I perceived it as a Roon issue when it was my hardware that was the problem.

They can also put logging on your account to try and identify the issue and are very responsive.

1 Like

I was just catching up on that thread, there are some search issues I believe, @support is aware no doubt and investigating, there is enough noise for the issue to be real

Your Win 10 option is ok but Tidal integration may be an issue as it’s unlikely you can run that remotely .

I have a JRiver and a Cambridge Audio CXN which supports DLNA and Tidal as my second string so I have the best of both worlds

19.99 is just a figure. You could ask 14.99 or something like that.
For a max duration of lets say 6 months.
This could be applied to a yearly or life membership.
Some deal that people can figure out the benefits of Roon, without having to stay a year or for life.

1 Like

It will get sorted things take time. It’s not unusable for me or others and I have been quite vocal about the current search issues but I have no issue with annual or lifetime subscription or want to leave Roon. If issue prevent you from using it completely then an extension on the yearly sub would be a more suitable option than monthly subs. I cant see a monthly sub suiting Roon though and any development would likely be much sparser as they can’t guarantee the funding if people pop in/out all the time. With yearly subs you have a regular income you can build you development around and with this we benefit much more. I dont know of any other software that’s added as many features as Roon devs have in the two and odd years i have been using it.

While we don’t have any plans to add monthly billing right now, if you’re having a problem the instructions here will ensure our team takes a look and get everything resolved for you.

Sorry for the trouble @AurelV!

2 Likes

I think the $19.99 would be a fair price. You have to build in the benefits of commitment to Roon for a year versus that of a short term user. Some people don’t like commitment. I am currently trying Qobuz Studio for a month, and am going to upgrade to annual because I think it’s a great service. IMO, the Studio has a good number of hi-res albums and sound better than 16/44,1 Qobuz HiFi which I tried for a couple of months.

@AurelV You should trial the program, and give it a fair test. A one-year subscription is relatively affordable and you would be able to figure out if you wanted to stay with Roon at that point.

Today I leave Roon for Audirvana for Windows. Musicality and simplicity.

Thanks for stopping by. Good luck.

Thanks a lot. You too.

Lol, I installed it today to try the new version. Does not see any of my endpoint at all. Reminded me again why I hate UPnP.

2 Likes

There is no need to frown upon someone’s decision to try other software. I can totally understand his reasoning as Roon’s “steep” subscription fee demands perfection. And let’s be honest for a fairly large group the 1.6 performance / experience is not up to par. It’s a shame though, for us and for the Roon Team. They seem to be gaining more and more ground in the Hi-Fi world. The software is awesome, all the pre 1.6 users know this. Let’s hope they can sort this stuff out quickly as this imho is unnecessarily damaging the Roon brand.

I wasnt, just commenting on my experience with it today. Which is more or less the same as his with Roon which is why it made me laugh.

1 Like

I’ve moved some posts out into the “Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread” … and moved this topic to #roon:feature-requests …

Let’s keep this topic about Monthly Membership, rather than discussing issues (or lack of them) with the application itself.

The only thing close is Plex. Their developers seem to be listening when it comes to audio and they are rapidly adding more audio related features.

That price is ridiculous. How about $12/month (so as not to cannibalize annual sales)?

I don’t even want to pay $20 per month for Tidal HiFi, wait I don’t, I pay $12 with military discount.

1 Like

Roon is software, not content. Software is very common to pay for one year.

1 Like