"Most Played" focus - gone from Track view

Roon Core Machine

2015 HP ProDesk 600 G2 Desktop Mini, Intel i5 6500T, 8GB DDR4, Ubuntu 22.04.01 LTS

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear nighthawk router, wired ethernet, no VPN

Connected Audio Devices

iOS and Mac endpoints

Number of Tracks in Library

40,250 tracks

Description of Issue

I have a bookmark saved on Track view with a focus for top 250 played. I’d like to change it to top 100 played, but the option seems to have disappeared from Track view. The “Most Played” focus still exists in Album view as shown in the screenshot, but it does not appear in Track view on Mac or iOS versions of Roon.

A workaround is to order them by the playcount, but don’t know how to select the first 250 or 100 or 10

It is not like having a filter :frowning:
I guess you can shift select them, until you reach your desired number

Yeah, and to reiterate, this was an available filter in Track view in some previous build of Roon

1 Like

I’ve never used tracks view, only used in albums for the most played, but now that I know I would use it in combinations with other filters to make new playlists

Issue is still present in the latest Roon version 2.0 (build 1202)

Will this not work for you

Hi @Mark_Mitchell ,

“X top played” focus on the tracks browser was removed.

Sorting by “Plays” was designed to substitute that option.

1 Like

I have some questions about this:

1. in this particular case : why is the old functionality removed, and replaced by the new?
    the new one could have been added without touching the old one, I would think.

2. why are ‘small’ changes like this never documented in the release notes of the new version where thay are applied.

3. there have been some big and some small changes developped over the last § months or so.
    However, the knowledge base is not updated to keep inline with these changes.
    as an example, this case:
    https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/faq-how-can-i-see-what-i-ve-played-the-most

As many others, I am trying to help other users with questions if I can. These referening to the knowledge base is often asking for more questions than solving issues.

1 Like

Appreciate the official response. Sorting by play count is not as useful as the previously available filtering functionality. Much more difficult to start a queue shuffling the top played songs in a genre. At least this was a known regression.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.