Move Roon Core to Windows 10 Computer

I have been running Roon ROCK on my NUC for a few months with no problems at all. I deauthorized my ROCK install (past backup) so I could authorize a new install on the Windows laptop. I went through the install on the laptop and after selecting the Chord Mojo in the attached screenshot, Roon crashed. I repeated the steps a few more times and got the same results.

What to do?

Please fill in the information as you are not giving us much to go on.

Maybe this might help

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_How_do_I_move_my_Roon_library_to_a_new_computer%3F

What else is needed?

Hi @David_

Can you please provide some more information here such as:

• What is the model/manufacturer of the Windows 10 machine?
  • Is the Windows laptop using the latest version of Roon? As in, was this version downloaded and installed recently from our website or is this an older build of Roon?
  • Have you restored the database from the backup as per the Knowledge Base instructions?
  • Does skipping this step and setting up the audio devices at a later point have any change in this behavior?

Thanks,
Noris

Sure, of course

• What is the model/manufacturer of the Windows 10 machine?
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4

• Is the Windows laptop using the latest version of Roon? As in, was this version downloaded and installed recently from our website or is this an older build of Roon?
    Yes, it is the latest version

• Have you restored the database from the backup as per the Knowledge Base instructions?
    No, I was attempting to use Roon with a subset of my library.

• Does skipping this step and setting up the audio devices at a later point have any change in this behavior?
    No, I am now home and connected to my WiFi network (I was not the first time). I tried the same thing and got the same results.

Update (and maybe operator error)

I am able to launch Roon on the Windows laptop when I am using the laptop as the system output. My goal, however, is to stream the audio to my Chord Poly from the laptop when Iā€™m off my WiFi network.

In that case, I need to set the Poly to hotspot mode (when off my network), but Roon does not work, I think, in hotspot mode, only network mode. So that could be the cause. I may need to circle back with Chord support as hotspot mode may work with the new release of the Gofigure app.

1 Like

You should be able to get it to work. I have setup my phone as a hotspot and connected a Roon Core, Wireless Storage and tablet for control to the hotspot network and it functioned.