Moved from Mac to Linux and lost tags and playlists using restore [resolved]

@support
Hello,
I just moved from a Mac OS to a Linux OS for my core. Everything seemed to come back with the restore except the TAGS and Playlists. Is this expected? Is there a way to get TAGS and/or playlists from my old core server?

Old Core = Mac Mini OSX 12.12.3
New core = i5 NUC Debian Linux 8 / 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.39-1+deb8u2

Thank you,
Mark S

Hi @TheSturt ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the slow response here. Has there been any new progress or observations made here since reporting this issue? Please let me know, and if further assistance is required I will be glad to lend a hand.

-Eric

Hit Eric,

I haven’t done anymore with the issue. All but my tags and playlists transferred over without issues. So I was hoping there was a way to export and import just the tags and playlists from the old database. Please let me know if that is possible and how I go about doing it. Also, I have not added anything new to my database, so if you think I should try a different time and restore again I can do that as well.

Please let me know what you think is the best course of action of if you need more information, while I can recreate both I really was hoping I could use the restore feature or a work around to not need to do it manually.

Thanks,
Mark

Hey Mark – your tags and playlists should’ve have come over with the backup.

Can you explain exactly what you did to backup and restore, and can you also give us the details of your storage configuration, and how that might have changed during the migration process?

Finally, can you look in Settings > Library > Library Maintenance and let me know what numbers you’re seeing there for the three options, as well as the total track count of your library?

1 Like

Hey Mike, Turns out the restore did bring my tags and playlists back. They weren’t there right away but they are now. So I guess I’m set. Sorry I didn’t check that yesterday, I didn’t figure it would take time for the new core to show me those. All the Tags are for Tidal music and all but one playlist is for Tidal songs as well, so maybe I was just having connection issues to Tidal after I first restored the data.

Either way, I’m fixed. Sorry to have wasted your time. I’m feeling pretty embarrassed right now… :slight_smile:

No problem, better safe than sorry :wink: