Moving from Mac Core to Small Green Computer i5 Core.
Currently have files spread across several drives.
- Copy all files to outboard USB XFAT drive.
- Disable folders in Roon.
- Add files on USB drive to Roon.
- Wait for all activity to stop. Restart Roon.
- Back up Roon DB.
- Launch Roon on new computer.
- Restore Roon DB created step 5.
- Add USB drive to new Roon installation.
Anything I’m missing?
I did something similar, moved my Core from a MacBook Pro to a Windows laptopThe only extra guidance would be the following:
- Be sure to log out of Roon’s Core on your Mac before you Restore on the SGC
- In Step 3-5, is that adding the USB drive to the current Mac Core and copying the Core database to the drive? I backed up and copied my Core without restarting Roon once I copied the files over to my Windows laptop, no issues with data integrity.
- In Step 8, you will need to set the directory or directories on the external drive in Roon under Storage
You should be good to go.
You will need to log in to Tidal, Qobuz and/or Dropbox on the new Roon Core if you subscribe to any/all of these.