Moving Roon On Same Mac

Hi, I’ve been using OSX for Roon and HQP. I want to try it on Windows 10 which I already have on another partition on my Mini.

So I found this on a faq: If you want to move your Roon core to a different PC or Mac, just install Roon on your new machine. When you attempt to launch it as a core you will be given an error message that says you’ve already authorized your original PC or Mac, and you’ll see an option to unauthorize it. Unauthorize the original PC or MAC (you’ll be automatically logged out), and authorize the new one.

Is this the same for moving it within the same computer?
Thanks
Chris

Hey Chris! One question before I steer you in the right direction.

Are you looking to move your license over, or is there data in Roon you’d also like to move over to the Windows install – this would be things like Roon playlists, edits, favorites, history, etc.

If you just want to run a fresh install on the Windows partition, you can just install, log in, and go. If you want to move your database over, you can find instructions here.

Thanks Mike. So I can basically have one Roon license that can be used anywhere on one machine? No data to move. Simply want to try HQP/ROON on Windows and compare to my Mac.

Thanks
Chris

You’ll only be able to use the license with one library at a given time, but you can move it back and forth as much as you want.