MP-50 Not Showing Up in Roon

Hi
Both PC & MP 50 Connected directly to the router (switched & un-switched with both windows and avast turned off.
Still no luck.
I have the mp 50 settings to network player and I get radio channels with no problem.
I have also entered UPnP/ Roon ready/Roon as possible sources… Nothing.
On the settings page I am still getting the message:Device initialization failed
I’m wondering if it is simply a setting that I have got incorrect?

Hi @Jim_Kent,

Thanks for giving the network setup changes a try. As for next steps, I would like to take a look at your Roon logs to see if they contain more info regarding the issue. Can I please ask that you:

1. Unplug your MP50’s power
  2. Plug it back in and note the exact local time + date you plugged it back in
  3. Try starting playback in Roon and let me know the exact local time + date + track you tried

Once I have this information, I can go ahead and enable diagnostics mode for your account and what this action does is automatically upload a log set to our servers for analysis.

Just a thought do I need to download Asio driver to my pc?

Hi @Jim_Kent,

No, you shouldn’t need to install any drivers for the MP-50 to work. The ASIO driver is only needed when using USB zones, and since the MP-50 is connected over the network, the “Device Initialization Failed” message is to be expected, since the MP-50 is not a USB zone.

I’ve enabled diagnostics for your Core and I do see that the MP-50 showed up as Roon Ready zone approximately 8 hours ago. Do you by any chance see it now under Roon Settings -> Audio under the Roon Ready submenu? Could you please provide a new screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab if it’s not there?

The MP-50 previously showed up as “Unnamed” in your logs, so I would check for any “Unnamed” zones in Roon Settings -> Audio.

Hi
As requested
MP50 plugged into mains@ 11.30 today 6th May London time
11.54 Track played Anastasia Not that kind

Hope this helps
Thanks in advance
Jim

Hi @Jim_Kent,

Thanks for the timestamp.

Was the track actually able to play or did you have issues? Did you make sure to use the Roon Ready zone?

Not sure what Roon ready zone is?
But yes I did mange to finally get some sound from the mp50.
I deleted windows 10 and avast, then reinstalled them ensuring both were on private networks.
I will try to use it again early today to see if I have any issues.
Can I ask if the logs were of any use and did you find faults?
Best regards
Jim

Hi @Jim_Kent,

I took a look over the logs and it looks like you were playing to the Lyngdorf via Airplay, which has a much lower resolution limit than Roon Ready does.

Can you please share a new screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab (maybe two if need be - showing all the available connections). There should be a section that says “Roon Ready” and according to diagnostics your Lyngdorf is currently set up as “Unnamed” zone.

Hope this helps!

Hi
Still unable to connect can you offer further assistance?

Can I escalate this as my free Roon trial ends soon and I do not want to invest in Roon unless I can get it to work
Thanks again
Jim

Hi @Jim_Kent,

Thanks for the screenshots. We have a few options as to move forward, but I should mention that the Airplay protocol is different than the Roon Ready protocol, and it looks like something is causing the Roon Reading networking aspect to not work properly on your end. Our options are as follows:

1. You can try using a different Core machine to verify if this issue occurs only on the current Core or if it occurs on multiple Cores. To switch Cores:
  • Open Roon on the other PC you wish to try as the Core
  • Roon Settings -> General
  • Disconnect
  • On the “Choose your Core” screen, press “Use this PC”
  • If asked to Unauthorize, you can go ahead and do so. You are limited to one active Roon Core at a time but you are free to switch between them as often as you’d like.
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs on the different PC
  1. You can reach out directly to Lyngdorf to inquire weather they can provide further diagnostics as to why the Roon Ready protocol is not working with your current Core + MP-50.

I will follow up regarding this aspect via private message.

Asus PC 64bit running on Windows 10 which I am using as my core to
Lyngdorf mp 50

Successfully downloaded my itunes library
PC/MP50 directly onto BT home hub 6 via network cable
Avast/Windows 10 firewall disabled
Roon will play music on my PC loud and clear
Roon says music is playing on my MP50 (Small animation in the bottom right corner with sound bars going up and down.but no sound at all.
On devices the MP50 says: device failed to initialize.
I am on the free two week trial
No sound on Lyngdorf MP50
Have set and tried source on the MP50 to Network player/Roon/Roon set-up UpNP

For anyone following along - next steps have been provided to @Jim_Kent via private message.

@Jim_Kent - Once you hear back from Lyngdorf, do let us know if you require further assistance here, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.