MQA and Bluesound

Hi Mark, we need the MQA header (metadata) on top of the PCM. This would be an update for Roon, albeit timing, 1.4, just as maintenance is up to their development team.

Thanx Andrew, perhaps someone from Roon can pipe in and tell us whether this update will come in a build or release 1.4??

Tagging @brian

It’s tied up in our general timeline for MQA integration, and we’ve already done that topic to death. There’s a piece we need to build, then a piece for Bluesound to integrate against. I don’t think anyone knows for sure the date that this will be released yet, but it’s a priority for all parties involved.

1 Like

Brian, can I nail you down to a time frame…Days, weeks, months?? Some info on timing would be a small consolation.

We don’t estimate dates in public except for things that are extremely imminent (hours to a few away) and we only very rarely make statements about scheduling features to releases until those features are built and in alpha testing.

MQA is literally the last topic on earth that would provoke us to break that longstanding practice. There’s way too much attention and anticipation around it. If I said “X weeks” to you, someone else would notice and start counting down, and as soon as midnight passed on whatever day someone assumed we meant, our inboxes would be filled with complaints and grumbling if it wasn’t released yet.

Sorry, we’ve been there before, and we won’t do it again. We’ll share more when we can.

4 Likes

Does that mean ROCK is tomorrow? :wink:

Seriously, thanks for making a great product and for delivering 1.3 without MQA. Glad you decided not to delay it for that.

Well put Brian. You guys have been more than forthcoming about new updates and I appreciate the problems that can create. All of us here need a dose of patience from time to time.

As it should be. It is obvious you are working on this, so current customers or those contemplating a purchase based on full MQA/Bluesound integration are encouraged to wait. If you committed early, and those in limbo made those purchases, all hell would break loose.

I can wait, and made my purchase of 3 Bluesound speakers knowing that I have perfectly synced integration at 48khz today, and hopefully full MQA tomorrow!

SC

Has this issue been fixed between Bluesound and Roon?

It seems like every MQA file played on Node 2 via Roon is still limited to 48 MHz

1 Like

At Munich High End, we got what we needed (yesterday) from MQA to fix it. It’s coming…

9 Likes

Excellent! I’ve been getting so frustrated having to go outside of Roon to listen to MQA.

We looked at it already and need a bit more We’ve pinged them for the extras and hopefully it won’t be a problem. We’ll keep you updated.

1 Like

we got what we needed … now to get the work done…

8 Likes

Thanks. Looking forward to this.

the Node 2 is natively 24/192. not sure why you’d see 48K.

He’s referring to MQA files not undergoing any unfolding when being sent to Bluesound products via Roon. Thus they are seen only as 48k/24 bit.

aahhh. Thanks very much for letting me know.

Awesome! Great news!

Superb, was at the Highend and listen to Bob Stuart and Enno, great guys.