MQA bug when using EQ

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 Pro version 21H2, Intel i7-4970K, 16GB DDR3 RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Roon Core connectod to modem through ethernet cable CAT5e

Connected Audio Devices

ifi ZEN DAC V2 connected through USB cable from Roon Core PC using ASIO drivers.

Number of Tracks in Library

9868 tracks

Description of Issue

I use Parametric EQ normally and headroom management along with it. In order to play MQA with EQ I read that I need to decode the stream in the Roon Core and render it in the DAC.

This yields some odd behavior; when I play an MQA track from TIDAL it plays normally, the signal path is as follows:

The bug arises when changing to the next track, this glitches out the sound 80% of the time producing loud pops and random noise, 20% of the time the track changes successfully. When I turn any and all DSP off, the issue goes away. I also tried decoding and rendering directly in the DAC, and it works flawlessly, but I can’t EQ that way D:

I wouldn’t know what’s going on, I’ve troubleshooted all I could, I’ve stumbled upon other similar threads, perhaps it is a bug in Roon?

Thank you for your support!

As a workaround, try setting MQA Capabilities to No MQA Support.

Thank you for the workaround @wklie , at least the MQA file gets unfolded once that way :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.