MQA Core Decoder does not work for some tracks [Ticket Open]

I’m using OPPO Sonica DAC.
I imported MQA CD by dBpoweramp CD Ripper.
Although Roon recognizes it as MQA, MQA Core Decoder does not work for some tracks.
What should I do?

No expert in this special case but could it by any chance that I see a WAV file that maybe not contains necessary MQA file information for the decoder? Maybe try to rip as FLAC?

Just a thought…

This issue has been identified previously and a fix ticket has been raised.

1 Like

Thank for your information. I will look forward to the fix.

To Support
Please tell me when logs etc are necessary. I will send.

Hello, can you send me the catalogue number of the Record?
Best
Armin

The catalogue numbers are
UCCG-40069
UCCG-40074.
However, unfortunately these CDs are still sold only in Japan.

Hi @Takeshi_Imazu ----- Thank you for the report and sharing this observation you have made with us. The feedback and insight are both greatly appreciated!

Moving forward, may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with a media sample from your example above via a shared dropbox link (or another upload service of your choosing) in a PM addressed to me for internal testing?

Thanks!
-Eric

Hi @eric I have sent a message with a media sample file download link.

Thank you for the follow up @Takeshi_Imazu! Confirming that I have seen the PM and received the provided media sample.

Continuing forward, I can confirm that I making the same observation that you’ve reported and have opened a ticket with our tech team for further investigation/analysis. Once the team provides me with some feedback on their progress I will be sure to reach out with an update as soon as possible. Your patience during this process is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-Eric

MQA released “MQA Tag Restorer”.

I used Restorer to convert the error files to MQA tagged flac and then played them. Unfortunately the results did not change and the error files remained error.

Hi Takeshi_Imazu, yes also here,
the MQA Tag Restorer does not fix the issue of exact authentication of ripped MQA-Files in Roon.

Cheung_Hon_Wah documented on June 21
Inconsistency of MQA CD playback
this problem.
We have done some analysis with MQA-CD-files with Roon in our NADAC+PLAYER and documented this in an Excel-File. Here you can see some extracts in the following screenshots:

The necessary algorithms for MQA-Authentication seems to be highly complex and error-prone, so the fixing by Roonlabs seems to be expensive.

The new function of roon 1.6 is very wonderful. But this bug has not been fixed. When is it fixed?

Hi @Takeshi_Imazu,

I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our development queue. This means our developers are still planning to look at this, but we don’t yet have a timeframe for when that’s going to happen.

Once the ticket has been scheduled and work begins, I’ll have a better sense of timing here. Thanks in advance for your patience!

– Noris

I’ve just discovered this issue as well playing an Apple Lossless rip of “Waiting For The Sun”. You can see under the album photo that this is the MQA 176.4 version. Some tracks play at 88.2 while others are 44.1. There’s also a brief mute in Roon when it switches between formats. I hope this gets sorted out soon. Thanks!

Hi @Neil_Bulk,

As previously mentioned we have an active ticket regarding some MQA listings that are not being properly identified. I can certainly add the “Waiting for the sun” album to this investigation, but would you mind sending the album over to me via private message as a shared Google Drive / Dropbox / Send.firefox.com link?

– Noris

Happy to do it.

Neil

A post was split to a new topic: MQA Files will not decode

MQA files were finally recognized correctly in Build 536.

1 Like

We’ve just released Roon Build 536 which includes changes that we believe will help improve things here. Please give Roon an update on all of your devices and let us know if you still have any trouble!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.