MQA DAC "unidentified"

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 / Intel i7 NUC / v1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet connection on Cisco 3650 switches.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Network to Project S2 Ultra, USB to Matrix Audio X-SABRE Pro(MQA)

Description Of Issue
The " Matrix Audio X-SABRE Pro(MQA)" is listed as “unidentified device”.

I assume I can use it either as decoder and renderer or just renderer. Be good to get the database updated though :slight_smile:

Sure i use Matrix

Where, or do you mean “Uncertified”? The later is for all devices (may depend on transport method) that are not “Roon Ready” or “Roon Tested”.

Yes, this is always good but will most-likely change nothing regarding the X-SABRE Pro MQA – he’s still “Uncertified” (not listed in the “Roon Ready” announcement – missing needed network input [see Roon Ready Network Players] and seems not to be “Roon Tested”).

The other matrix audio devices are identified and in the database and have the same status in terms of Roon “readiness”. I’m sure it will make into later versions but support don’t know about these things until you tell them I guess :slight_smile:

Hello @Robin_Smith, and thanks for your report! We’re going to reach out to Matrix and see if we can add this device to the Roon Tested program and get an accompanying icon. Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.