MQA disc - not every tracks can be decoded

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I have several MQA CDs that were imported into MacBook Pro. I found not each track can be decoded into HD in Roon. However, there was no problem in Audirvana for the same folder.

How are they encoded? Are they FLAC or something else?

Yes, they are “flac” file and were decoded by MQA Tag Restorer. No problem in Audirvana Plus.

You may need to provide a sample of a track that doesn’t play to the support team.
@support

Hi @CHIU_MAN_KEI,

Welcome to the forum. Can I please request that you upload the affected media to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com and send it to me a link via private message (click my name -> message)? We have an active ticket regarding MQA and once QA confirms this is an MQA Sniffer issue we can add your report to the ticket. Thanks!

Core Machine: MacBook Pro 2014 with i7 CPU & 16G Ram

Network Details: 1000M LAN or WIFI with router Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800)

Audio Devices : Macbook Pro’s speaker or Merging NADAC with LAN cable

Hi @Chiu_Man_Kei,

Thank you for sending those files over, I have forwarded the link to QA to take a closer look. Please leave the Dropbox files uploaded for the time being until QA has had a chance to confirm the issue is the same and add your report to the ticket. Thanks again for the report!

What’s your finding?

Hi @CHIU_MAN_KEI,

I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our development queue. This means our developers are still planning to look at this, but we don’t yet have a timeframe for when that’s going to happen.

Once the ticket has been scheduled and work begins, I’ll have a better sense of timing here. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Hi, it was fixed in your latest firmware.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.