MQA file playing as CD quality

Listening to tedeschi trucks midnight in harlem

Roon shows this as 384 kHz 16 bit but only plays as cd quality on Nad m32 with bluos Card all running latest firmware

@support

Moved to Support.

I can confirm that this album, although listed as MQA plays at CD quality on all tracks I tried.

Via Roon the only “Midnight In Harlem” I see listed in Tidal is a single and it shows up as AAC. 24/44 not MQA

Here it is…

This album is marked as MQA only in Roon. For example mconnect show it as CD not MQA.

Ok I did find it on that album.

For the most part I am not a Tedeschi/Trucks devotee but that is a excellent track.

1 Like

Hi @glenn_kime ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us! The insight is greatly appreciated!

Moving froward, to help aide in why you may be experiencing this behavior with the mentioned MQA CD, may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• Please provide a copy of a track to us that is displaying this issue in Roon for in house testing. You can send the media to us either via a shared dropbox link or another upload service of your choosing in a PM addressed to me.

Thanks!
-Eric

Thanks go to @Chrislayeruk, @Still-One, @Katun as well for chiming in here. The additional insight appreciated!

1 Like

Has this been fixed yet?

Hi @glenn_kime ---- As per my previous, may I kindly ask you for the following:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• Please provide a copy of a track to us that is displaying this issue in Roon for in house testing. You can send the media to us either via a shared dropbox link or another upload service of your choosing in a PM addressed to me.

Thanks!
-Eric

Eric this is a case of either an incorrectly labeled cd or the wrong format

This was confirmed by others in this thread

Why would my setup be relevant?

Maybe you should emphasize to @eric that it is a Tidal track you stream and not a file you own.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing that out to me @streamy68, very appreciated!

-Eric

Hi @glenn_kime — Please allow me to elaborate on why you are being asked to provide this information.

Whenever anyone from the support team reports issues to our QA team, we include setup details for the following reasons:

1. If we happen to be unable to reproduce an issue with a “generic setup” then we must test in an environment similar to the user who reported the problem.

2. It will ultimately slow down the troubleshooting process if I have to reach back out just to get additional details of a user’s setup, so it is good practice to get this information right out of the gate so we can expedite the troubleshooting process.

-Eric