MQA first unfold in Roon? MQA? [Delivered in 1.5]

Gordon Rankin explained 24/96 Max input rate due to keep the USB controller taking less current and driverless at Windows Environment, that’s truly plug-n-play unit that you can lend it to anyone around without install any driver.

1 Like

I mean XMOS does full hardware MQA decoding. Decoding and Renderer can be easily done in low powered processor.

One good example is Mytek Brooklyn DAC. Any DAC that equipped with XMOS chip, just a firmware update can do full hardware decoding.

Ah ok, didn’t know. Dragonfly is not one such device.

Actually wait… I don’t believe that is true. XMOS does not do upsampling. Might do first unfold and with proper programming set upsampling filter choices upstream.

http://hifipig.com/mqa-integration-made-simple-ces-2016/

One XMOS chip solution for full MQA hardware decoding and Renderer to a onboard DAC, USB input, output is pair of RCA analog output.

Ok, now this is crossing a sacred line…

10 Likes

:smiley:
I see a striking similarity! You might like it, but its no good for you in the long run! :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t worry, the grease equally smears your ears… Resulting in a fluid and transparent music experience.

2 Likes

MQA comes in many flavours, and from Argentina. It’s not just mayo!

3 Likes

I am currently in Argentina. And noone seems to be bitching about Bob Stuart taking over the food market!

Lol. And I’m currently in Brasil, where I’ve seen MQA on grocery store shelves but can’t figure out how to unfold it.

Ah well, that’s because Brazil is still negotiating with Bob Stuart. So there’s a lot of mayo but no way to eat it. Bob Stuart has said that licking the outside of the jar is almost as good.

1 Like

I believe it should be four times as good, based on the simple logic that anything imported here costs 4x the price in its originating country. The mermelada is pretty damn good, and I would expect nothing less of the music. Just as an aside, I’ll be in Buenos Aires over Christmas.

2 Likes

You’re wrong, it’s not about negotiating, it’s about enrolling. Did any of you actually read the MQA (Mayo Questions and Answers) first? Apparently, the Roon team refuses to allow Bob Stuart to upload their DNA to his Mayo Biobank for the first unfold. This could explain for the sometimes less than fluid experience and the occasional hickups. Just imagine the possibilities if Bob would manage to upsample their DNA…!

1 Like

It more than a mayo on the Christmas table. I’ve a strong feeling we may be getting it very soon…

It’s all about the psychoacoustics! It might be worth 4x as much if you want it bad enough.

I am argentinian but live in NY. Visiting family here in Buenos Aires, going back to chilly NY tonight.

Have a good trip back. I’m Canadian, living in Salvador, Brasil, for the past 18 years. I still spend a fair bit of time in Canada, where I buy my audio gear. The savings pay for the airfare.

1 Like

I’m confused. All the recipes I have tell me to fold IN the mayo. Now you’re telling me I have to unfold it?

Don’t panic, only your DNA needs to be unfolded. But only Bob can do this, in his proprietary Biobank. Meanwhile, you can still dip yourself in mayo. Be sure to post some pictures in a new thread “What are you unfolding now?” :wink:

1 Like

Brian has confirmed Roon will Support first unfolding of MQA:

The MQA announcement at CES means negotiations have concluded and a business arrangement is in place. Now implementation can follow.

2 Likes

Great to hear. Looking forward to dusting off my SonicTransporter and returning to Roon. Sonically, Mqa & Audirvana has been awesome.

1 Like