MQA isn't flagged when browsing library

Are there any plans for Roon to flag MQA files when I’m browsing through my Library? Currently when browsing, I have multiple copies of recordings- some CD’s, some DSD’s, some hi-rez 24/96, and yet others that are brought in via Tidal (MQA). Problem is, I don’t have an easy way to discern these differences in recordings, and specifically flag which recording is MQA vs which one is 24/96 (I own both in quite a few cases)…

Also a bit disappointed that Roon’s metadata is quite lacking when multiple copies of same recording are in my library. In most cases, I need to manually go in and edit the label/release metadata so I can tell what the differences are when browsing.

These are some posts from back in March where I was able to separate the MQA files through My Tags. There are also other ways to do it… this thread may be of help…

You can do this easily if they are files in your local library. Roon will display the format cd mqa 24/96 etc on the album cover. Unfortunately this does not work with Tidal material even when added to your library.

Roon will also group duplicates and allow you easily view them all and select which one you want to play. Search for duplicates in the knowledge base to see how this works. This may be the best way to do what you are wanting.

Having to manually go through files and tag them is a kluge, for MQA. When I am in the Tidal app, I can clearly see if a title is MQA or not, when browsing. As an example, when I perform a global search for “Deep Purple”, and then see 4 different versions of ‘Made in Japan’, with multiple @ 24/96… I don’t want to hunt to find which version is MQA. Roon simply needs to pass through the MQA symbol when browsing- whether it’s in my local library, or when pulling from Tidal via a search. Anything short of this, I consider a significant flaw in the UI.

Here’s an example of what happens when I perform a search for ‘Deep Purple Made in Japan’. There are 3 albums that are ‘hits’ for this search in Tidal. None of these are showing useful information whether MQA or not. Even when clicking into each of the albums… no info about whether MQA or not. I’d also note that while performing this search from my Library ‘overview’ in Roon, none of the copies I own of this album are being shown as search hits, anywhere. Instead, I have to go to ‘focus’ and drill down from there. Expected UI would be that when I search for an artist/album, that the resultant page would show me hits that are in my library, and hits that would be in Tidal. To show only a search result from Tidal, ignoring my local library is odd…

Interesting, I guess I’ve never noticed because I always go to the artist first, and on the Artist’s page their albums are divided between local and Tidal albums, showing both at the same time. Perhaps @mike could let us know if having only Tidal results on a search is expected behavior.