MQA now on Tidal!

Shows as 48kHz in Roon but 96K on my Mytek Brooklyn - blue MQA indicator on!

Donā€™t know what the country release is but it is certainly more than US.

The issue many are having is that Roon doesnā€™t currently flag the Tidal MQA as such. Only those with MQA decoders will see the lights or displays showing up as MQA.

Am sure things will develop quickly from here on in.

The undecoded MQA file is 48 kHz sample rate. As I recall, something is in the works for Roon to display a preview of the decoded MQA file attributes, too.

AJ

But if you look at the original format I think the MQA records will display a FLAC 48/24 formatā€¦this is what I look for!

I suppose its unfolding the file to the original resolution and your seeing this.
Roon is showing the folded file resolution as its not unfolding it, just passing it on.
I have only had Blue light MQA in my explorer 2
As I understand things, Chris

Anyone got an idea why Roon is showing 24/48 for the MQA streams but otherā€™s are seeing a higher bit rate on their dac?

Is it because the dacs play MQA or is the bit rate actually higher than Roon is showing, for those of using with ye olde PCM dacs?

The reason is that Roon is not decoding MQA. The undecoded MQA streams natively are 24/44.1 or 24/48 (and possibly other bit depth/sample rate combinations).

AJ

1 Like

Iā€™m in Germany and Tidal MQA is working for me.

Iā€™m in New Zealand and working for me (as above) ā€¦ now playing Tom Waits ā€˜Bad As Meā€™.

1 Like

Fingers crossed for MQA decoding in Roon thenā€¦

1 Like

The whole Bluesound lineup is MQA enabled. The Node2 and Vault2 have analog and digital outputs.
Also, any NAD product with the BlueOS card installed is MQA enabled.
And by the end of January (in theory) they will also be Roon end-points, which is why I thought it relevant to bring it up here in this forum.

I feel like I went to CES and found Tidalā€™s MQA is in my swag bag.

1 Like

What do you send out over the digital outputs? Undecoded MQA? Unfolded? Partly unfolded?

Nevermind. I learned to read. :slight_smile:

How is Miskaā€™s MQA ā€œfilterā€ in HQPlayer working :grinning:

I do not have an MQA capable DAC, and when I use software decoding on the Tidal desktop app Iā€™m only getting 96kHz (what my DAC shows) out of these albums. I havenā€™t seen any album go above 96 yet. Iā€™m guessing the software decoding is capped?

Anybody able to get any Tidal Roon 24 bit streaming, thatā€™s currently on a Tidal trial?

Or is the 24bit and MQA streaming only for paid HiFi subscribers?

Iā€™ve been on the trial and have been using the top tiered HiFi streaming but canā€™t find any MQA/24bit material on Tidal through Roon :frowning:

Are you using the Tidal desktop app? If so, try updating it, if you can. My version updated in the last 24 hours.

You will see the Master option under streaming settings and ā€œMasterā€ willdisplay in the transport area of the display.

Hi, no as mentioned, I was asking about Tidal through Roon itself. Has anyone got this working, thatā€™s currently on a Tidal trial? Thanks again in advance

With Meridian decoding from Roon I get 192 on Blue, both over IP and USB.

MQA from Tidal is only available for HiFi subscribers.

Tidal hifimsubceibers are already enjoying MQA but Ronn does not yet do any decoding of MQA but just passes,it on bit perfect to an MQA capable DAC if you have one.

Even without decoding though MQA files are better than CD.