MQA will not work in Tidal/Roon combo

What happens if you turn off “Enable MQA Core Decoder”? Presumably that passes the entire unfolded stream from Tidal, through Roon and lets your DAC’s Decoder/Renderer do all the work?

Same problem - a few 44.1kHz source files will play, but generally it just gets passed across as a normal Tidal 16/44.1 file (ie normal CD quality).
It’s almost as if MQA is being ignored and it’s skipping to the normal CD/flac files, but I am 100% sure I’m choosing the MQA files (logos are visible, plus I’ve also added them to my library and they play fine via the Tidal app)

Yeah. Weird. Maybe Roon can give you a new ‘burner’ Tidal account that will let you log in with new credentials.

I had the same issue. Had to logout and disable Tidal account. Re-entered details and logged back in - MQA back i town

Thanks Paul, but as you’ll see further up the thread, I’ve tried that numerous times too (including using my partner’s account which is linked to my own “family” sub)

@grossmsj & @dylan - it’s a good idea but I’m not sure if that type of thing exists. Does Roon have any testing accounts like this?

I’m just a user. Dylan can help in this way if that’s appropriate.

Yeah sorry, I included you in the reply because it was your idea and wanted to acknowledge you - thanks!

1 Like

Hi @JayKay,

I just sent you a PM.

I am having the same issue

@JayKay try this:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.