Multi-disc Box Sets De-Merged after 1.8 952

Roon Core Machine

NUC8i5BEH
Crucial CT4G4SFS624A 4GB Memory
Samsung MZ-V7S500BW SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 Internal NVMe SSD

R.O.C.K. and remotes are using current version.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router:
Orbi RBR750 / V4.6.8.2_2.1.9

Music Storage:
Synology DS1019+ NAS
DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 3

Cat 6 cabling throughout

WiFi for Macbook (remote)

Connected Audio Devices

KEF LS50 W
Bluesound Flex 2i

Number of Tracks in Library

Irelevant

Description of Issue

A few releases ago, some of the CD box sets I had ripped, meticulously tagged (disc #/track #) etc. were split apart.

I removed these box sets, clearing them completely including emptying trash on the NAS, checked them for accurate metadata, re-imported them and they were then correctly handled by Roon.

I just noticed after 952, box sets, including those which Roon split before, were once again showing split apart. Yes, again, for the third time!

Why is Roon doing this? I am getting really frustrated. I realize Roon’s metadata and organization thinks it knows better than end users regarding organizing box sets but please be more transparent and inform us that box sets, specifically classical, will be split apart into stray albums or produce other errors from version to version.

Answers to possible questions you will ask:

Q: Have you restarted the core and remotes?
A: Yes

Q: Have you emptied the trash on your NAS?

Q: Have you inspected the tracks in these box sets for any disc or track numbering problems?

Q: Have you inspected the tracks in these box sets for potentially problematic characters that may not work properly with either Roon or the NAS?
A: Yes, I created and ran a Python script to scan and correct, if detected.

Q: Have you performed manual, forced storage scans in Roon?

Q: Have you disabled and enabled the storage source?

Q: Have you performed Library Maintenance under “Clean Up Library?”

Q: Have you confirmed firmware is current on networking devices?

Q: Have you restarted every network device?

Q: Have you performed factory resets on all your networking gear?

Q: Are you aware classical music metadata is still an absolute disaster even though companies claim it’s great now?

Q: When you rip and tag these classical music boxes, do you utilize consistent and legitimate metadata sources?
A: Yes.

Q: Have you, FOR THE THIRD TIME, manually merged the box sets to correct the problem?
A: 6 or 7 of them but I have another 10 or so to reconcile

@support

Q: Did you follow the advice given in the relevant knowledge base article?

Yes, and I’ve checked that article every month or two for changes.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.