Multi-part Works and Roon Radio - Bug?

I love the fact that the Radio feature operates at the “Work” level. It’s one of the 2 or 3 features that really sold me on Roon for classical music.

However I’ve noticed on rare occasions that Radio would miss the last track of a multi-track Work when queuing it for playback. It doesn’t happen often and it’s hard to repro, since adding the Work to the queue manually works correctly (which seems to indicate that the tags are OK). The work also correctly includes all its tracks when browsing the album.

Again, it’s a minor annoyance since it doesn’t happen often. However I’m curious if others have noticed it and wanted to raise it for awareness with @support. Let me know if I can help troubleshoot in any way.

Hello @Miguel_Rode — Thank you for the report, we appreciate the feedback!

I’ve passed your report along to the team for further investigation. If you discover any patterns about this behavior (does it happen only with certain content? Does it always happen if you activate radio a certain way?) please let us know as that will be a great data point for the investigation.

The next time you notice this behavior occur, definitely make note of time time that this occurs. Respond here with that timestamp and we can enable diagnostics on your account so the team can take a closer look at what you’re seeing.

Will do, thanks, @dylan. I haven’t been able to spot any pattern yet such as content type or activating the radio in certain ways. I’ll pay more attention next time it happens and will report back.

Hi @dylan / @support,

Well, they say good things come to those who wait. After several weeks of no incidents, this issue came up last night, after midnight – timestamp was 11/22/2018 @ 12:54 AM or so (US Pacific time). Bach’s Cantata 66 was placed in the queue by Radio, and out of its 6 parts, #2 was missing. I took a screenshot with the iPhone app. Image #1 is the queue missing the part. Then I stopped playback, went to the album and placed the cantata in the queue manually by tapping on its “header”, and all 6 parts were correctly added (image #2).

Let me know if I can offer any additional information. This happens rarely so I hope this is helpful info!

Happy Thanksgiving to the entire Roon team!

Hey @dylan, any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Hi @Miguel_Rode,

You have my sincere apologies for the delay here!

I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs for the Core machine using a shared Dropbox link.

Hi @dylan/@support,

Thought I’d reactivate this thread with a new example of this bug which just happened, now in version 1.6. I’m using the radio functionality with my internal library only, since I don’t have any subscriptions to external sources.

I was letting Radio do its thing and using “thumbs up” to populate the queue, and one of the additions presented the same bug I described above, however in this case the missing track was #2 of a 3-track work. See screenshot from the “view parts” dialog:


When adding the same work manually from the album, the full work is added correctly with its 3 parts:


Let me know if you need more information to troubleshoot this further.


Hey @dylan, old thread I realize, but this bug it’s still there - happening randomly (and with low frequency). Did you ever make traction in researching it?

thanks for any update

Alright, I feel weird talking to myself here on this thread but I’m not ready to let this one go :slight_smile:
This keeps happening… not very often and it’s hard to reproduce but there’s definitely a bug here. Wondering if @support has any interest in researching it… low priority of course - I understand.


Here’s the latest example.

First, how the “work” ended up in the queue by itself (when chosen by Radio) - just 2 tracks skipping the middle one:

Queued tracks

This is how the Work is structured as seen on the album page (note it has 3 tracks):

When adding the Work manually to the queue, it’s added correctly:

Queue after manually adding the work

Hey @dylan and @beka - I know you’re probably crazy busy with the release of 1.8 but I wanted to bump this issue and let you know that this is still occurring in the new version. If there’s interest in continuing the troubleshooting/investigation, let me know how I can help.