Multi-Room Not Working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

HP laptop Windows 10; Roon Build - the latest one updated today.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Sky Wi-Fi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim Uniti Atom Ethernet; Naim Mu-So QB 2nd Generation Wi-Fi

Description Of Issue

When I play Roon via the Uniti Atom, all is fine. However, when I add the Mu-So, the Uniti Atom starts dropping out.

Is your laptop wired in or on WiFi?

The laptop itself is on Wi-Fi. What I don’t understand is that this set-up works fine with just the Atom, but when I add the Mu-So, I get the Atom dropping out.

Two streams (two zones) means twice the bandwidth, so you’re pushing at the limits of your WiFi network, I suspect.

I would imagine the WiFi is choking on bandwidth. You might try streaming something like a low bitrate MP3 or low radio stream to both without upsampling to see if that works.

That makes sense. I’ll give it a try. Thanks.

Hi all,
I don’t want to hijack this thread, just have a similar question for you guys, to which I found this before:

Could you please clarify, if I am streaming the same Qobuz music simultaneously to a grouped zone of 3 RAAT endpoints, but one of them is muted:
Do I consume 3 × the same bandwidth, so also for the muted endpoint?
I ask because I have limited data volume for my 5g router. So if this is true, would I have to ungroup zones to save data?

TIA

Yes it would still stream to the muted endpoint. If you mute an endpoint the play indicator still moves along with the track.

Thanks, then I would have to ungroup zones?
Or is there a way to create 2 grouped zones for my three endpoints like that:
All three of them
Bluesound Node + Primare?

you would have to ungroup.

Thanks, will do so.

My current speed is 36.76 Mb/s. Is that enough bandwidth to run the 2 devices?

Do you have any preference for the 5 GHz band or the 2.4 GH band?

I’m just a user like you David so I personally have no preferences. The usual breakdown i have seen between the two is 2.4 reaches further (potentially) 5 probably has less interference and greater speed.
The problem with wifi if you live in an urban environment is that it varies location to location and hour to hour. Roon strongly recommends wiring in the core at least.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.