Multi Roon zones playing different music simultaneously

So, I have a Roon core running on a Windows PC. Works Great.

I also have three Roon endpoints (Allo Digi Sig to Bifrost Dac driving Marantz 2275, PI2AES to Modi driving a Pioneer SX1250, Pi2AES/502 Dac direct to Sansui 8000).

I currently have the same source(Tidal) driving all three grouped together. Works Great. Whole house sound.

Question: If I want to have the ability to play different music simultaneously to different zones, do I have to have a source for each? EX: Tidal for one zone, Music collection on a Nas on the next, etc.

I suspect I need a separate source for each endpoint if I separate for independent listening.

Question #2: Can I have multiple people logged in and using Roon concurrently?

Thank You,
Tim

Question 1: No, the only source you need is the Roon Core. That will play streams to all your endpoints independently if you wish. Content can come from your Roon Library and/or Tidal (via the Roon integration). Try it.

Question 2: Roon is licensed to one account, and the owner must log in to Roon. It’s a persistent log in, so once done, Roon will be available and can be used by anyone in the household. Each person in your household can have their own profile - to track their music history if they wish. See here:

Thank You, Geoff

My favorite source is Tidal. Now I have to program roon core and create many groups with different sources. This is really no problem.

6 months ago, I had none of this. Now I have 4 Rasberry Pis with audio hats and multiroom playback using all of my old gear, I love it.

Incidentally, two of the Pis are wireless to boot. Work as well as the wired. At least the bitrate and depth are the same regardless of the median.

Thank,
Tim