Multichannel - Meridian 218 to G61RSL (5.1 OGG and FLAC only giving 2.0)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Core 1.8 (build 764) on OSX 10.14.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Unifi networking hardware, all devices wired

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Meridian 218 to G61RSL via Reviver

Description Of Issue

Can’t get multichannel at G61. Fooling around with ripping old DVD-A discs, I can create OGG and FLAC files that Roon reports as 5.1 (tried MLP too, but I guess Roon does not like that format), but can only get 2.0 to the G61. Have looked and can’t find a setting that would be forcing down mixing. Channel mapping only for the 218 does not change anything. I don’t see anything in the 218 settings that would be telling it to only send out 2.0.

Side question, I guess MQA core decoder should be turned off with 218, since the 218 can unfold MQA?

The Meridian 218 looks like a proper 2-channel audio product to me.

grafik

Looks like expected behavior (Downmix as needed) to me.

Right, maybe you are right, but Input isn’t the problem (Ethernet to the Roon Core), I guess the output is the problem, I didn’t realize SpeakerLink was only 2-channel. The G61 is showing a (96kHz) MHR connection to the 218.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.