Multidisc Classical Albums - still challenging, how to best import?

Hi all,
Roon 1.3 is a great update. THANK YOU. It has imported most of my pop / rock / jazz and even a substantial part of my classical library.

1.3 has struggled in the following scenario:

I have a lot of SACD ISOs, which I have converted to DSF, in order to be able to use them in Roon.
The DSFs of each album sit in a separate directory such as this:

Jordi Savall

• Bach - Brandenburgische Konzerte 1
    – track1
    – track2
  • Bach - Brandenburgische Konzerte 2
    –track1
    –track2

Roon identifies these as two separate albums, not as disc 1 and 2 of the same album.

When I try to identify the album manually, Roon does find the metadata of the Jordi Savall Brandenburgs with all the tracks of my two directories.
How would I go about allocating the tracks of the two albums Roon has identified to the SAME album sequentially, so Roon will identify them as discs 1 and 2 of the same album.
I have tried several ways through the identification wizard, but I probably simply did not find the right one yet.
Does anyone have a hint?
Thanks a lot

Hi Rudi,

Roon isn’t liking your folder structure.

Read this for help.

In Roon, you can also right click (long press) both albums, click Edit at the top right of the screen and select Merge Albums.

Cheers, Greg

Hi Greg
Thanks for the feedback. Now I know what I need to shoot for.
Looks like this will involve some hard thinking about how to transform my library.
Rudi

whilst at it… when merging, do I also have to tick “Album” and “Tracks” checkboxes or it doesn’t matter (if all looks right)?

No, you only need to click the boxes if you want to remove or move a track to a different disc, for example.

If you are merging 2 albums and it shows 2 discs and each disc is showing the correct tracks, then you should be good to go.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Thanks, Greg
that did the job (what a job it was)
I rearranged all my multidisc SACD ISOs into a directory structure that roon could work with and all the albums were correctly identified. It took some quite elaborate batch job and excel magic to get the >1’000 ISOs right. I then converted them to DSF and reimported them into roon and presto.
Now on to the next challenge, for which I will start a new thread.