Multipart tracks [Resolved]

Hi @Egbert_Braam ----- Thank you the continued feedback and more importantly your patience. Both are extremely appreciated, as we understand how frustrating these types of issues can be.

The behavior you’re reporting is not one that we have seen, especially since the experience varies depending on how you navigate to the mentioned content. We are going to be discussing this internally in hopes of getting some feedback on what could be causing this issue.

-Eric

Anything else you need just holler, and plse keep me posted.

1 Like

Few more questions about this screenshot, assuming you can still reproduce this state consistently:

• Can you run this test and confirm results for us:

• While playing Part 1, click the album cover and add a tag to the album

• While playing Part 2, click the album cover and note whether you navigate to the same album

• Can you click around the Part numbers and see if you can get a popup like this, and drop us a screenshot if so?

• On this CSNY album, can you go into Edit, and set “Composition/Part Grouping” to Prefer File Data? Save it and let us know if anything changes, ok?

Thanks again @Egbert_Braam!

I added a tag Ztest to the first album, and yes, I navigate to the same album with part 2.

If yoy look at the screenshot, you can see the blue stack inndicator on both tracks move at the same time.

I set the Compsition radio button to Prefer file, but nothing changes, and the setting doesn’t get saved either.

I just got a new version of Roon pushed; it requires a database update. I’m curious what that will do.

Cautioulsy enthousiastic after the update. Database update still running, but for now no double tap.

I am now on

From the release notes:
Improved composition/part extraction from track titles in many cases
well, who knows?

Database update / rescan has finished, still no recurring of the double-feature issue. I’ll call it resolved!

1 Like

Hi @Egbert_Braam ----- Thank you for sharing your observations with us after the DB update, I am glad that things are now displaying as expected.

Happy listening!
-Eric