Multiple albums available on tidal but not on roon/tidal

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I am having an issue where i can see albums on Tidal but i cannot access the same album even
if added to my tidal collection, nor do the albums show up at all in roon. For example vol 1-6 of Benny Carter at Princeton i can see on Tidal but on Roon i can only see vol 5.

Hey @late_nighter23,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, I took a look at Benny Carter options under his discography and am able to see all 7 volumes right under ‘Main Albums’ - are you still having issues seeing these on your end?

If so, the first thing I would do is head into your settings>services>Tidal and manually resync your library.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

Hey @late_nighter23,

Ben here with the support team, I wanted to follow up on this thread - I noticed recently that you’ve decided to move away from Roon due to an ongoing issue with Roon and Tidal. I’m sorry to hear this, and apologize that you never found a solution to your issue!

Perhaps this thread slipped through the cracks, or you weren’t properly notified of my reply, but if you have any interest in continuing to troubleshoot your issue please let me know. I’ll be here to help either way :pray:

1 Like

Hi Ben, yes i had multiple support requests that were ignored and the other reason i got into roon
was for the supposed meta data. However for countless, (thousands) of albums there is no meta data when
i know for a fact these albums have personnel and liner notes. With the price increase it just made no
sense to pay a premium price when the competition offers the same thing at less money. Also the ARC doesn’t work with T-mobile internet so no go there as well. For the money you guys are charging, i suggest to spend some time and update all the missing meta data from all those albums. Maybe some day you will offer a lower price point. I had no issues with Tidal, just to clarify.

Hey @late_nighter23,

Thank you for your feedback. After reviewing your community profile, I did not see any of your threads that were left unanswered under the support category. Certainly, let me know if I’m mistaken here!

I’m sorry to hear you’ve run into some issues regarding your metadata. It’s quite common that personal metadata may need to be cleaned up and or reorganized in order for Roon to display it to your liking. We do have a handful of help articles to guide you through the process. Here are a few that may help in case you decide to give it another go:

As well as:

Overall, I’m sorry to hear Roon is no longer meeting your expectations. We will be here in case you change your mind and want to revisit things :pray:

like i said the selling point of roon for me was the metadata. When it became clear there was no roon metadata for many many albums that was one reason to dump roon. Then the price increase, when all i need it for is a remote for tidal it just no longer made sense after a price increase with the same level of service. i understand
the owner has 2 tesla’s so hopefully this increase can help him pay it off sooner but i am not interested. lower
the price point for those of us who were here for years and only use this as a remote for tidal.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.