Multiple backup locations for Roon running on Nucleus

How do I designate my computers for backup in addition to the thumb drive in the Nucleus?

Hi @Bruce_Grunsten,

To do this, will want to set up a shared folder on the network, guides linked below:

Hope this helps!

Thanks Norris, but all I want to put on a Windows computer is a copy of my Roon backup. All of my music folders are on my Nucleus so I don’t need to “watch” folders on other devices, I only want to have multiple copies of the backup file on the other devices. Is it possible to copy the backup file back ad forth between my Nucleus and computer? Can I just email a copy of the file to my computer? Or do I have to set up a shared file as you’ve instructed?

Thanks,
Bruce

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Bruce_Grunsten,

Yes, if you have a USB drive, you can save the backup directly to the USB drive and then move it between the two units.

The backup will probably be a few GB in size, so emailing it not practical.

If you set the share up as I mentioned, this will allow you to perform the transfer over the network instead of having to unplug and re-plug the drive each time. Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.