Multiple copies of albums and songs, I can not get rid of them by editing, merging or removing Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Macbook pro

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD C368

Description Of Issue
multiple copies of albums and songs, I can not get rid of them by editing, merging or removing Roon. I have been having the same issues for 2 years. is apple iTunes the issue. If I delete the duplicate it removes all the files. this is so frustrating. I can not play an album as it repeats 2 or 3 tracks because of the duplicate. I have persisted with this hoping the latest build would fix the issues. Not happy

Jody from memory there was an option in settings to hide duplicate album’s. It’s for when you have either multiple versions of album’s or have them duplicated on Tidal/Qobuz etc.

That takes them out of the library and then you see the different versions in the album view after you click on the album.

I used to have this problem, ticked that box and it went away (or unticked it as it was a while ago)

Can you share your roon, settings, storage page.

Hey @Michael_Harris and @ged_hickman1,

I wanted to thank you for helping us out by sharing info for @Jody_Whitson.

@Jody_Whitson I’m so sorry this has been going on for a while. As @Michael_Harris has mentioned, did you get a chance to navigate to Settings → General and use the " Show Hidden Tracks And Albums toggle?

If that doesn’t help, could you please share some details about your setup based on these guidelines?

Thanks in advance :pray:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.