Multiple copies of albums and songs

@support,

I see multiple copies of albums and songs, I can not get rid of them by editing, merging or removing Roon.

It just creates copies again and multiple copies of songs, this is frustrating to say the least.

This happens across all albums, not sure if the money paid is worth the frustration

Hey @Jody_Whitson — Sorry about the frustrations, but I appreciate you sharing your report with us.

Just to confirm, every album is showing duplicates? Where are these duplicates showing?

Is this with TIDAL content or local files?

It just creates copies again and multiple copies of songs

Just to clarify here, more copies continue to be added? Is there any specific action that is causing duplicates to appear that you can think of?

Can you please share a screenshot of Settings > Storage in Roon?

Thanks,
Dylan

HI Dylan
No not every album it is inconsistant of what albums and songs. The duplicates show in library of selected artist. The copies show up as soon as I try to merge or move songs I do not subscribe to Tidal it is all my own music stored on my Macbook pro 13 inch 2012, 2.9 Ghz iCore 7 8 GB ram running Yosemite 10.10.5.

Hi @Jody_Whitson — Thanks for the additional details here, it certainly helps!

Would you mind sharing one of the albums that’s experiencing this behavior with us?

Ideally, you can zip up the entire folder and send me PM containing a shared dropbox link. If you don’t have Dropbox or need another way to send the media, just let me know.

Thank you!
Dylan

Roon is still coping songs randomly and also copying albums randomly. as soon as remove,merge,delete or try to update it makes a bloody mess of my albums. this is a real pain in the A#$, I have complained about this in the past and it is not resolved

Hi @Jody_Whitson ---- Thank you for the post and sorry to hear of the frustrations here.

Moving forward, I can see our support team member @dylan, has been trying to help you get this issue sorted out here and asked if you could please provide us with some media for further analysis in house. Was this request ever fulfilled?

Additionally, during your troubleshooting have you tried “disabling” and then re-enabling your watch folders? How about forcing a rescan of said watch folders? A screenshot of your “storage” tab and of your “library clean up” window would also be very appreciated!

-Eric