Multiple devices for Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon nucleus, up to date Imac and iPad and Macbook Pro

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
ethernet from airport express to stereo system. Wifi from Express to imac and macpro

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

I have Roon installed on my imac and it plays my system. But when I try to download Roon to my imac and macbook Pro as well, it says “installed.” Is that because it’s already on imac? How can I add to my other devices? Message also says it’s installed on a Huawei phone. I’ve checked the apps on the phone and Roon is not there. Is that blocking the ipad installation?

Hello @Carl_Ratner,

Once you have installed the Roon app on your Macbook Pro/Huawei phone you will need to open the Roon app and select the Nucleus as the Core device. You can open the Roon app by navigating to your Applications folder and then connecting to the Core. You add other devices such as DACs by enabling them in Roon Settings -> Audio Tab:

You can find a “Getting Started” Guide here:
https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_Getting_Started

Thanks,
Noris

thank you for the info. Roon is open on my imac and set to nucleus. I cannot download to my macpro or Ipad. Here’s the message I get

Hi @Carl_Ratner,

I’m not quite sure what I am looking at here, it appears that you are using your OSX to install the Roon Remote app on your Huawei device? It says that it’s already installed so it should show up on the Andoid phone, if not I would open the Google Play store and re-download Roon from the device itself and not from your OSX.

Also, it looks like Roon is installed on your iMac in the sidebar, so that’s good. You just have to follow the same installation on your Macbook Pro, download the .dmg file, open it up, and drag and drop it to your applications folder. For your iPad, you would need to open up the Apple App store, do a search for Roon and install it that way. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.