Multiple disc albums size limitations?

So…I’ve been trying out Roon for a little while now, and I’ve been largely impressed. However, I’ve encountered an issue that I’m not sure whether it’s a limitation of Roon, a limitation of the way I’m ripping albums, or something else.

Essentially, I’m trying to add a set from the Encyclopedia of Jazz ( a large multibox set released by GMBH in sets of 100 discs covering various eras).

What I’m trying to do is have one “album” in Roon per artist with the multiple cds of that artist’s tracks grouped as discs inside the album. That was working very well up until I reached disc 32/100 or so, where suddenly Roon insists on importing further discs a individual albums rather than allowing the grouping.

Directory structure is fairly flat, so I don’t know if maybe that’s a factor, though as I said, it’s worked very well to this point. General directory structure is Artist->Encyclopedia of Jazz, Disc 1->tracks additional discs of that artist are stored as Artist->Enclyclopedia of Jazz, Disc 2 ->tracks.

Everything’s being ripped and tagged through dbPoweramp.

Any ideas where I’m going wrong? Or am I expecting too much for a 100 disc set?

Hey @Jason_Joyce,

I definitely recommend checking out our article regarding importing box sets.

In order for things to properly import you may have to re-organize your file structure to what is proposed in the linked article above.

Let me know if you have any questions!