Multiple entries for devices detected in Audio Settings although only one device connected

I have an issue where the music stops playing in the middle of a track. If I disable and re-enable the device I can restart the music. The audio settings look very strange: there are four different entries available but only one device is connected. Three of these are ALSA and will not play music when enabled. One is called M2 Hiface Two and works. But my transport device is not a Hiface. I think the problem may have occurred because I was comparing two devices A/B. The device I am currently using is Allo USBridge and I was comparing it with Allo DIgiOne. Also the zone names I used were very similar (they started with the same first word). Earlier I used Rpi with Hifiberry so that could account for the third ALSA entry. Why are all these entries there when only one device is now connected? Perhaps Roon got confused? And why the Hiface setting? Perhaps you could tell me what is the best way to reset the system? My music is on an external drive on a Mac running OS X. I keep Roon up to date but I did notice that the Dietpi version on the USBridge was not the latest so I updated that too. After that there was no dropout but it’s early days and I would really like to know what’s up with the audio settings. Thanks, William

Hi @William ----- Thank you for the report and sharing these observations with us.

Moving forward, can you please provide me with an expanded description of your current setup, using this link as a guide. Furthermore, I would like to have a better idea of what you are seeing (in app) and would like to ask you to also provide a screenshot of the “audio” tab found under “settings”.

-Eric

Hi Eric, thanks for your reply, here you go:
Roon Version 1.3 (build 248) stable (64-bit)
Roon Bridge (DietPi) Version 1.0 (build 106) stable
OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5 (14F2411)
iMac (21,5 Zoll, Ende 2009) 3,06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 with Fusion Drive
External USB WD Hard Disk 11,000 tracks
FritzBox 7490 router via wired Ethernet to USBridge connected to a Metrum Pavane DAC and from there to a Naim system.
File format ALAC 24-bit/96
Hope this helps, William

Hi @William — Thank you for the follow up and providing the requested feedback, both are very appreciated.

Moving forward, I would like to get our techs a bit more information in regard to this behavior you’ve reported to us by having you send us a set of your logs. I will be contacting you via PM momentarily with instructions.

-Eric