Multiple Images

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP TS251

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Billion 7800 router and Netgear unmanaged switch/cabled ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Meridian 218, ethernet connected

Description Of Issue

All my files have been manually tagged and images added, one per folder/album. Yet some albums, when opened in Roon, show multiple images embedded, sometimes as many as four. When I try to remove them, the image is given as being the manually added file, and there is no mention of any other. How then do I remove these rogue, superfluous images from Roon, leaving only the one want in place?

Hi @Alan_McMillan,

Can you share screenshots of what you’re seeing in Roon as well as in the storage location for an example of an album where you’re seeing this behavior?

Thanks!

Hi @Dylan
Here are screenshots of one of the offending albums. As you can see from the shot of the files on the drive they live on, there is only one art file at the end of the line of FLACs but despite that, there is an icon on the Roon page that shows four possible files.

Hi @Alan_McMillan,

Would you mind sharing this album with us so we can take a closer look?

Ideally, you can zip up the entire folder and send me a private message containing a shared dropbox link. If you don’t have Dropbox or need another way to send the media, just let me know.

Hi @dylan
I’ll do that tonight when I get home from work. I’m afraid however that I don’t have a dropbox account.

Hi @Alan_McMillan,

Once you zip the file let me know how large it is and I’ll send further instructions from there.

Thanks!

Hi @dylan
The file is zipped up and comes to 291MB. I could send this file to you tonight using WeTransfer. If you can give me an email address to send it to I’ll get it done after I get home form work.

Alan

Hi @Alan_McMillan — PM sent

Hi @dylan. That’s not working. It’s uploading at 76 kb/s and after six hours it’s still only halfway done. WeTransfer is hugely faster. If you give me an email address I’ll send the file that way.
Alan

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.