Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
NUC8i3BEH (1.7 610) with internal ssd, ethernet to router.
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Cable modem and Linksys router with Ethernet connections. Wifi with iPad Pro remote connection.
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Yamaha r-n803d amp, Topping d10 connected with usb to NUC and coax to amp or Airplay directly to amp. iPad Pro 11 2018 remote.
Description Of Issue
I Started using Roon in January and it worked very well before this summer but unfortunately recently there have been problems every day when using it. I think these started during last 2 updates.
- Red icon in Roon with message: “Metadata Improver: Halted. Roon needs a software update.” Even if I have been using latest software for days.
- When NUC Rock is started, it sometimes takes minutes to log in to Tidal.
- If not logged to Tidal, search does not work and overview takes time.
- Often, after using Roon some time, Tidal albums are not shown. Only those that I have in my collection are shown and can be played. Tidal page opens but shows text “Failed to load items”. Tidal playlists and other info is shown. NUC needs to be rebooted to get albums appear again.
- Adding Tidal album has not worked correctly at least since last update. Adding album does not end, info shows for example: 50 tracks, 50 added, 0 indentified. Couple times when album was added cover is not correct.
- Tidal app in iPad works always even if there are Tidal problems in Roon.
- Lastly, one old issue that is happening more often (many times a day). iPad app needs to be force quit because it does not work correctly (hangs or shows just blank screen with album playing info at the bottom.)
Nothing has changed in my setup during this time. Latest updates installed and NUC rebooted regularly