Multiple Releases Not Showing Up Uniquely In Recently Added

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Synology DS218+
Roon 1.8 (build 790)
DB stored on USB SSD

Client: Roon 1.8 (790) Mac Catalina

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Google Nest Wifi (mesh)
Synology connected to router via ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Raspberry Pi 4
RopieeeXL (via wifi)
USB → Schiit Modi
RCA → Schiit Magni

Description Of Issue

I recently added two new CD singles to Roon, two variants of the same single from the same band, each with a unique title (“Pop Single [CD Single CD1]” and “Pop Single [CD Single CD2]”, for example). Each one of the CDs is a variant with a different track list. Both singles correctly show up in the Artist page in the singles section, but in the “Recent activity - Added” list only one of the two CDs is showing up (eg only Pop Single [CD Single CD1] shows up in recently added and not Pop Single [CD Single CD2]).

I’m guessing this is because Roon handles content in “[ ]” differently than the album title, but this seems like a bug to me that both of these aren’t captured in Recently added. And I think this would affect all multi-versions of albums, such as multiple singles, US and UK releases, original and remasters, etc, where the album names always remain the same.

Thanks!

1 Like