Multiple Roon crashes and disappearances from network (Micro rendu + ATP )

Hi,

The network had been pretty stable for the past few months butI have been experiences a number of system crashes in the last ten days. It sometimes happens for no reasons at all or as I open the roon application on a mobile device. I have a Sonic Transporter ATP7 as well as 2 microrendus on my network. I also have a squeezbox Touch that runs on wifi and sometimes this works if the Sonic Transported is still online and the mircrorendus connections are out.
But it is only the Roon network that crashes, I can still run apps on wifias well as emails, etc. Is this this an ethernet stability issue?

Regards,

Charles

Hi @Charles_Joron ---- Thank you for the report and apologies for inconveniences.

To help us better understand this behavior you are experiencing, may I very kindly ask you for the following:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• Please verify the size of your collection (based on number of tracks) that is being housed in the Sonic Transporter ATP7 .

• Please describe how the Sonic Transporter ATP7 is communicating with your network. I want to have a clear understanding of how content is moving from the core, and then out to your endpoints. Having insight into any networking hardware you are implementing would be very helpful.

• Where do you store your music?

• Have you ever noticed such behavior while using other remotes ( your laptop or tablet) ?

-Vova

Hi Vova,

I will try my best.

1. The Sonic Transporter (running Roon version 2.5) is goes into the Zyxel router supplied by my internet provider here in Montreal (Videotron).
    The cable then goes into a D-Link DHP-701 AV PowerLine AV2 2000 that is plugged into an electrical wall plug. Theni the signal goes to one of two systems. One in the living room the other in the denn but the roon endpoints are identical.
    The signal arrives in the room by a D-Link DHP-701 AV PowerLine AV2 2000 that is plugged into an electrical wall plug. From ther acat 7 Ethernet cable that goes into a Netis ST3105G Unmanaged 5 port 10/100/1000 gigabit desktop switch.
    From there another ethernet cable goes into a TP-Link MC200CM Gigabit Media Converter, 1000 Mbps RJ45 to 1000 M multimode SC fiber up to 550 m that connects via a 1m section of Tripp Lire Duplex Multimode 67.5/125 Fiber Patch Cable to anotehr TP=Link MC MC200CM Gigabit Media Converter, 1000 Mbps RJ45 to 1000 M multimode SC fiber up to 550 m.
    An Audioquest Cinnamon RJ45 takes the signal from there to a Sonore MicroRendu (running v1.4) also runnning Roon version 2.5.
    In the living room the sonore is plugged into the USB/DAC port a Hegel 160 with a Lightspeed USB cable.
    In the living room the Sonore is plugged into a Metrum Acoustics Musette Dac via a Tellurium Q Black USB cable.
    I also have Logitech Suqeeze Touch connected via wi fi that works whenever the SonicTransporter is working even when the other two systems don’t work.

2. 18685 tracks

3. See 1

4. Music is stored on the Sonic Transporter ATP7

5. The system has broken down wether I connect with my iphone, 2 ipads, or my wife’s iphone

Everything comes back to normal for a few hours if I reboot the router connected to the Sonic Transporter.

there you have it.

regards,

Charles

VOVA, I was hoping for a response of some kind!

Charles

This is a long shot, but if there is a way you can verify the SSD of your SonicTransporter, it will at least rule out that possibility.

I suggest you email @agillis and ask him to assist you, as I think he may be able to do some checks via TeamViewer. Also there is a SonicOrbiter 2.6 coming very soon. No idea what the updates are.

Other maybe not so good options are to temporary install Roon on whatever HW you have available (gives you the option to test Roon backup as well).

I have or had issues myself. I’m working on see seeing if changing network components help, though such approaches doesn’t make sence to me, I just have to do that annoying exercise :grinning:

I had HW failure as bad memory in my Qnap (Roon backupsystem and music storage), as well as my SSD broke down in my SonicTransporter i5.
Got nice help from SMG by the way.

For support on any Small Green Computer products please contact me directly. You can go to our web site smallgreencomputer.com and click on “Contact us” in the lower right.